Dopers suck

fandacious

20 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

It’s an elderberry anti-oxidant something mix that assists with inflammation etc.

Actually quite often it's a soft drink can....

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Haematology isn’t my area but the main focus is on determining haematocrit level,  blood plasma I.e checks for any artificial blood variants and indications of transfusions through checking various  blood markers. They can also look for masking agents and look at structure of red blood cells that are anomalous.  

If there are max haemocrit levels set and all or at least most meds act to increase this then I wonder how a doper would pass these tests? I can understand how they night risk it out of competition and train at the higher intensity but if Ving was tested 4 times in the 24 hours around the ITT I can't see how he would fool that. I don't have the medical.knowledge.to really evaluate that statement but I think I'm going to believe he's clean at this tour. 

52 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Yip, I'm with you on that and it's sad. I was LA's biggest fan and hated him for the huge betrayal, but the realisation that most were doping and time passes, mean I watch his The Move podcast religeously through each grand tour. 

When one competitor shines way above all the rest, I maybe default to those days of gross dishonesty. They even catch teams cheating in NASCAR and as a past motor racing competitor I've seen ways to cheat one would never dream of ...🙂

Back then I watched the live feed of the races, and followed Lance like any true supporter ....

To this day I am in two minds about his doping ....  He DID pass the "tests of the day".  The fact that his doctors were way ahead of the curve resulted in a much delayed "guilty verdict".

Sadly that also means we can only wonder how far today's doctors are ahead of the curve .....

Still the "same logic" applies to this day .... each rider (well, all people in pro-sport) has access to the same medical professionals .....

Just a step, or two, away from going to a dietitian and getting "the best" goodies for pre- mid- and post-ride nutrition ....

Lets face it, people will always push the boundaries .... tomorrows rules dont even know of the potential new "enhancements" ....

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Back then I watched the live feed of the races, and followed Lance like any true supporter ....

To this day I am in two minds about his doping ....  He DID pass the "tests of the day".  The fact that his doctors were way ahead of the curve resulted in a much delayed "guilty verdict".

Sadly that also means we can only wonder how far today's doctors are ahead of the curve .....

Still the "same logic" applies to this day .... each rider (well, all people in pro-sport) has access to the same medical professionals .....

Just a step, or two, away from going to a dietitian and getting "the best" goodies for pre- mid- and post-ride nutrition ....

Lets face it, people will always push the boundaries .... tomorrows rules dont even know of the potential new "enhancements" ....

It's not black and white. you can read Tyler Hamilton's book if you really are not sure what US Postal got up to.

guess who passed drug tests but retired in her 20s when they brought in out of competition testing

yes, those records still stand

A friend of mine who played Ausie Rules for South Africa, they had doping seminar in Australia where they discussed it in depth. 

9 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

A friend of mine who played Ausie Rules for South Africa, they had doping seminar in Australia where they discussed it in depth. 

No worries - basically 99% of all statements made on Bikehub are source less ... and this is my source less statement for the day 🙃

On 7/21/2023 at 10:59 AM, 'Dale said:

It’s an elderberry anti-oxidant something mix that assists with inflammation etc.

Cranberry or raspberry (used to be beetroot) according to Mr Roche

Edited by splat
Misspelt Nico's name

40 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

More money is being spend on masking agents to get away with doping than there is spend on finding a cure for cancer. 

do you have the financials that speaks to this. If you meant to say "IMO, more money .......cure for cancer."

4 hours ago, Shebeen said:

It's not black and white. you can read Tyler Hamilton's book if you really are not sure what US Postal got up to.

guess who passed drug tests but retired in her 20s when they brought in out of competition testing

yes, those records still stand

who? your video is awol

4 hours ago, Mongoose! said:

No worries - basically 99% of all statements made on Bikehub are source less ... and this is my source less statement for the day 🙃

Oi I protest,

many bikehub statements have sauce and even sauces