Dopers suck

fandacious

You should sponsor her some kit. She would look good in your brand. Just don't sponsor Jon Bones Jones.

We could definitely make some kickass UFC kit... but unfortunately it doesn't sit too well within our main target focus of corporate or team apparel.

Good marketing though  ;)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could definitely make some kickass UFC kit... but unfortunately it doesn't sit too well within our main target focus of corporate or team apparel.

Good marketing though  ;)

Come to think of it, it would make the ideal Spanbou event...….

Exactly...

Swimming sprints are just like the 100 meter track sprint... these guys are all massive and ridiculously powerful, size 13 feet etc. Can't think of any drugs or boosters that might aid that...

It is also, as far as I can tell, the only sport where you start with your feet level but finish with your outstretched hand.

A short guy effectively had to swim further than a tall one and in a race decided by milliseconds, that must have been the difference on many occasions.

Exactly...

Swimming sprints are just like the 100 meter track sprint... these guys are all massive and ridiculously powerful, size 13 feet etc. Can't think of any drugs or boosters that might aid that...

And then there are lots of endurance swimming events, where technique will possibly become a bit more crucial in terms of efficiency, but you still need be super fit and train super hard... can't think of any drugs or boosters that might aid that...

The guy who gets an Olympic medal earns 6/7/8 digits a year - the guy who comes 5th does kindergarten coaching on the side.

Exactly!

Milliseconds won and lost on being able to hold your breath the whole 50m length... 

It is also, as far as I can tell, the only sport where you start with your feet level but finish with your outstretched hand.

A short guy effectively had to swim further than a tall one and in a race decided by milliseconds, that must have been the difference on many occasions.

They reckon guys with long torsos, long arms, short legs and big feet make the best swimmers. 

And yes, that positive ape factor has definitely helped guys like Thorpedo and Phelps get ahead in the short stuff.... 

But ja... I reckon swimmers are BIG exponents of dark and dodgy things. The margins are so small.

It does kind of make a mockery of the vets and age groupers who dope who aren't anywhere near the top of their own game, but push for marginal gains illegally.

The guy who gets an Olympic medal earns 6/7/8 digits a year - the guy who comes 5th does kindergarten coaching on the side.

and they both spend their entire 200week cycle building up to that olympic all or nothing.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sallytamarkin/heres-how-swimmers-train-for-the-olympics

pro swimming seems incredibly tedious. you must have something wrong in the kop to want to spend that much time in a pool staring at a blackline. I'm sure there are many better swimmers physically who just don't have the urge to put in the mindnumbing training.

hahaha... that's how i feel when i sit on the IDT in winter

and they both spend their entire 200week cycle building up to that olympic all or nothing.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sallytamarkin/heres-how-swimmers-train-for-the-olympics

pro swimming seems incredibly tedious. you must have something wrong in the kop to want to spend that much time in a pool staring at a blackline. I'm sure there are many better swimmers physically who just don't have the urge to put in the mindnumbing training.

They gave her a prize for not cheating [emoji2356]

No, 50 times she pissed in a cup without spilling a drop on the hand that served her.

• 2 weeks later...

Alberto Salazar's spectacular fall from grace

Once the most revered distance running coach in the world, his fall from grace has been spectacular.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/51599747

At age 28 Mo Farah went  from never better that 6th in any world competition to the most successful distance of all time between 2012 (when he joined Salazar)  and 2017 which is EXACTLY the period Salazar was bust for......

https://swiftgirlathletics.wordpress.com/2019/10/01/without-alberto-salazar-would-we-even-know-mo-farahs-name/

Coincidence ? Yeah, right....

Edited by eddy

At age 28 Mo Farah went  from never better that 6th in any world competition to the most successful distance of all time between 2012 (when he joined Salazar)  and 2017 which is EXACTLY the period Salazar was bust for......

https://swiftgirlathletics.wordpress.com/2019/10/01/without-alberto-salazar-would-we-even-know-mo-farahs-name/

100% with this, but ya smoke and fire. Until someone like Salazar and a bunch of his athletes get serious jail time, a suspension/ban is but a slap on the wrist...

I'm not sure if it's just that we are in more a cycling focused echo chamber in terms of our news feed and therefore my perception but it seems to get way less coverage than eg Sky cases with Wiggins and Froome in the UK press which one would assume have equal public interest there.