Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, love2fly said:

In my opinion taking a masking agents very much speaks to the premeditated.....

It could be yes, or it could also be a mistake as the substance is quite common as I understand - we all have opinions but none of us genuinely know (other than Yolande)

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

It could be yes, or it could also be a mistake as the substance is quite common as I understand - we all have opinions but none of us genuinely know (other than Yolande)

If you think that top level international athletes taking masking agents is a 'mistake' I want what you're drinking.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire, especially in the case of countries which have received blanket bans for running nation wide PED programs. 

3 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Not enough focus on the systematic programmes in place. What about the doctors, coaches, administrators etc? 

SAIDS are the local organisation, they’re at most events. And they do actually have a published list online of doping cases, which has been referenced numerous times on this thread. You can see the offence, the sanction of there is and download the entire pdf of the hearing case files.

Yes there is a list of the offenders but how about a list of all those who have been tested and the outcome? There are so many old "warhorses" being ex pros from years gone by involved in management at races and cycling events that after seeing what USPS orchestrated and how they used their influence, some skullduggery here in our back yard would not surprise me. Just like in F1 the FIA did not make public exactly WHAT Ferrari were doing? Why? To supposedly protect the sport....

I have NO sympathy for any doper, whether knowing, unknowing, willing or unwilling. From Owen Hannie to Lance Armstrong -  I was a huge LA fan but after being duped I have nothing but contempt for them and consider doping a criminal act for which they should be charged and receive a record....but that's just me.

On 2/14/2022 at 1:33 PM, Jewbacca said:

Only U16 though.... 16 and older and you're treated as an adult.

It all just stems back to the fact that the kids might be doping, but the adults are the real criminals. Pushing your and other peoples kids to such a point should come with some massive penalties. 

100%, until one of them is charged with fraud- defrauding the sport system to illegally earn money nothing will happen.

23 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

The penalties should be criminal charges.

100%, a doping conviction is peanuts. Who is the 2nd best Russian Figure skater currently? because she is missing out on Olympics, the chance of sponsors etc. She is sitting at home likely crying her eyes out knowing that spot actually belonged to her, and she has lost 4 years of work.

23 hours ago, TNT1 said:

99% of peds, administered under proper supervision have almost zero side effects. To suggest criminal sanction is laughable.

I still want to see the scientific journal proving 99% of PED's have 0 side affects, because I have seen enough Bacne in gyms to know there are side affects.

23 hours ago, TNT1 said:

No need to get salty. We're allowed to disagree.

People are salty because you are basically implying it is safe to give kids drugs for sports.

Picture this, your little jimmy wants to be a Judo champion. At the u16 trials a kid who has been doping half his life rocks up with muscle mass beyond believable. It then proceeds to knock 10 shades of s### out of your kid, probably putting them in hospital. Your reaction choices are- Oh well we should have doped. Or - That kid was on drugs, he should be banned, his parents put your kid at risk all for sport/financial gain.

22 hours ago, Trashy said:

It is currently very easy to see who in this thread is doped up.

or no understanding of basic ethics.

18 minutes ago, dave303e said:

Picture this, your little jimmy wants to be a Judo champion. At the u16 trials a kid who has been doping half his life rocks up with muscle mass beyond believable. It then proceeds to knock 10 shades of s### out of your kid, probably putting them in hospital. Your reaction choices are- Oh well we should have doped. Or - That kid was on drugs, he should be banned, his parents put your kid at risk all for sport/financial gain.

Picture this:

A world we we act like grown ups and see what is actually going on, and find a better way to deal with it than banning it and sticking our heads in the sand.

6 hours ago, PhilipV said:

I'd rather have the current access gap wrt infrastructure and training, than add a more complex one.

But the "more complex one" is the de facto state of affairs in the world. To continually hide from it seems rather like pretending the problem doesn't exist.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

If you think that top level international athletes taking masking agents is a 'mistake' I want what you're drinking.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire, especially in the case of countries which have received blanket bans for running nation wide PED programs. 

Sure - maybe we should start with things that help us remember better because it happened so many years ago (and I'm not going to bother with a google deep dive to find the details again)

But what I recall is that it was something of a administrative cock-up between her, CSA and SAIDS on a TUE on some medicine she was using with CSA's permission. Initially CSA and SAIDS was not going to give her any ban at all but then the UCI intervened and she was given the minimum ban retrospectively.

I know according to hub mob rule  anyone that ever test positive is always part of a sophisticated doping ring for their whole career and is guaranteed to continue doping after their ban. I'm not going to try and change anyone's mind on this I just happen to have a different opinion and I'm glad for her CSA didn't go the hub mob route.

5 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Thy DID ban the whole country...... The re invited them under the OC flag

Spot the mistake

Like saying LA can race under the name Mellow Johnny or whatever pseudonym he chooses

Sometimes i just shake my head at the collective wisdom / corruption present everyday

26 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Sure - maybe we should start with things that help us remember better because it happened so many years ago (and I'm not going to bother with a google deep dive to find the details again)

But what I recall is that it was something of a administrative cock-up between her, CSA and SAIDS on a TUE on some medicine she was using with CSA's permission. Initially CSA and SAIDS was not going to give her any ban at all but then the UCI intervened and she was given the minimum ban retrospectively.

I know according to hub mob rule  anyone that ever test positive is always part of a sophisticated doping ring for their whole career and is guaranteed to continue doping after their ban. I'm not going to try and change anyone's mind on this I just happen to have a different opinion and I'm glad for her CSA didn't go the hub mob route.

Oh, sorry, I actually thought we were talking about the other chick, not YdV.

As a point of curiosity, does anyone know how many people got tested at SA Road Champs this weekend, if at all? Or does SAIDS purely rely on tip-offs where they can almost guarantee a positive result? Not insinuating anything about anyone's performances at this event in particular, it just seems like the sort of event that SAIDS should be doing random testing, or the winners as a minimum. 

1 hour ago, binxc said:

As a point of curiosity, does anyone know how many people got tested at SA Road Champs this weekend, if at all? Or does SAIDS purely rely on tip-offs where they can almost guarantee a positive result? Not insinuating anything about anyone's performances at this event in particular, it just seems like the sort of event that SAIDS should be doing random testing, or the winners as a minimum. 

I'm wondering the same thing. It would be really good to know Person A won Title B and was tested and is clean.....and to see who gets tested, when and where they place when they are tested clean and where they place when untested...

On 2/14/2022 at 1:55 PM, TNT1 said:

99% of peds, administered under proper supervision have almost zero side effects. To suggest criminal sanction is laughable.

2 hours ago, TNT1 said:

But the "more complex one" is the de facto state of affairs in the world. To continually hide from it seems rather like pretending the problem doesn't exist.

If you think that opening the regulations of PEDs and expecting people to stick to guidelines and doing it under supervision to "dope safely" is living in LaLaLand. The guy who is doping already, will just push it to 11 to stay ahead of the others who just ate up the lead he already had. 

Are you living in LaLaLand or are you trolling?