Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Where do I place my order?

I'll have a couple of sets at the Greenlyn Goods Market in the Brooklyn Theatre shopping complex (Also hosting the Hazel Food market) tomorrow :)

Or send me a mail chief@treeware.co.za

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a couple of Giant Jenga blocks this morning. 300 on the dot.

attachicon.gif1.jpeg

These get put into sturdy bags, have the same proportions as normal Jenga, but are a ton of fun to play with. Stands just under a meter tall when play starts and goes over 2m when played skillfully.

attachicon.gifezgif.com-d47ff7a037.gif

We sponsored timber a while ago for some architecture students from UJ who made a big Jenga set along with benches into which the blocks could be packed when not in use, it was put up at 1 Fox Street in the urban redevelopment precinct. Fun to play. Will see if I can find the pics.

Edit: damn autocorrect

Edited by Stretched@Birth

The inlaws have stored their dinning room suite at our place and want to sell it.

It is knysa blackwood i am told and it great condition with all 8 chairs as well as the wall unit. The cushioning is a little pap and will need some attention but perfectly able to site comfortably.

Any idea what i could sell this set for?

post-57045-0-60898500-1486298358_thumb.jpg

The inlaws have stored their dinning room suite at our place and want to sell it.

It is knysa blackwood i am told and it great condition with all 8 chairs as well as the wall unit. The cushioning is a little pap and will need some attention but perfectly able to site comfortably.

Any idea what i could sell this set for?

R20K if you're lucky. Actually, make that patient, not lucky. Try places like Junkmail, Gumtree as well as 'local' Facebook groups.

Made only a little dust this weekend - was moer busy, on Friday night I re-packed my market stuff (it properly fills a Bantam bakkie) Saturday morning set up the market stall, which my parents manned for me whilst I ran away to extend last week's pallet wall (added another 1.4 wide strip on the wall, this time behind the mirror and not the tv) Made some holes in a worktop to fit electrickery cables through at another client, rushed back to do the last two super-dead-quiet hours at the market, got home and made some dust (will post that project's progress tomorrow) then had my Voortrekker span over for a braai (11 kids in my spannetjie , with their brothers. sisters and parents) and on Sunday morning I did some gardening - finally got around to my veggie garden again, doing some big changes there, started with irrigation, compost, some 1.8 droppers and wiring for the beans etc. After that, my wife's Voortrekker span for a braai - they were only 6 kids fortunately.

I'm pooped.

post-29544-0-64597100-1486366949_thumb.jpeg

I'm not a great fan of doing kitchens but this wasn't too bad, mainly 'cos my friend Juan did all the basic cabinetry so I could concentrate on the finer details. Then I got an artist friend to do the shabby-chic/rustic Provencal paintwork with chalk paint and wax. He even did the fake dust with touches of burnt umber.

The countertop is a nice laminate of solid ash. 

We also did some ash shoji screens with milk glass (I think it's called) at R1 300 per square metre! And then had to rejig some other furniture in the place - an older built in unit that had to separated and brought into style with the rest of the place. Lots of beading to add a few extra hundred unbudgeted rands into the equation.

Still, we brought it in for about a quarter of what one of the other fancy kitchen companies had quoted. 

post-14151-0-73120400-1486464225_thumb.jpg

post-14151-0-28074200-1486464240_thumb.jpg

post-14151-0-02089200-1486464252_thumb.jpg

post-14151-0-04840000-1486464262_thumb.jpg

post-14151-0-54177300-1486464278_thumb.jpg

I finished up a couple of pens for this weekend's market - we'll see how it goes. They're a bit of an experiment, I've never really had enquiries about pens. I also don't know of anyone that is making bank on these - a lot of time goes in for little reward. They are, however, fun to make. I even did a plastic one - I can now tell you that I probably won't be doing that again, the plastic comes off in very fine shavings and that goes everywhere. I spent two hours cleaning up the shop this morning (OK, that was also due to 100 rubber band guns and 10 sets of Jenga coming through)

post-29544-0-12684600-1486623774_thumb.jpeg

I'm sommer de moer in now. The guy that's been doing my laser work (engraving, cutting MDF templates, name plates etc) is busy messing me around. I've ordered a couple of batches of rubber band gun parts, I expected delivery in early January but his machine broke. As I've been doing business with him for a long time, I gave grace and extension and and and ... he was supposed to have his machine fixed by now, but has had a run of bad luck, so seems as if he's out of funds for the time being. 

He's been using a demo machine at the guys that sold him the machine's shop, and he was supposed to (farking faaainally) deliver me parts tonight. Now he phones me and tells me that they needed the machine for a demo and he can only go back tomorrow. FFS.

I'm just so fed up with the situation. He's good people, so I don't want to change suppliers (I often check his prices against other shops, he's still very well priced) and he's never let me down yet. I've been doing a big marketing drive for the guns, and now it looks like it's gonna fall flat because of supplier issues.

I'm sommer de moer in now. The guy that's been doing my laser work (engraving, cutting MDF templates, name plates etc) is busy messing me around. I've ordered a couple of batches of rubber band gun parts, I expected delivery in early January but his machine broke. As I've been doing business with him for a long time, I gave grace and extension and and and ... he was supposed to have his machine fixed by now, but has had a run of bad luck, so seems as if he's out of funds for the time being. 

He's been using a demo machine at the guys that sold him the machine's shop, and he was supposed to (farking faaainally) deliver me parts tonight. Now he phones me and tells me that they needed the machine for a demo and he can only go back tomorrow. FFS.

I'm just so fed up with the situation. He's good people, so I don't want to change suppliers (I often check his prices against other shops, he's still very well priced) and he's never let me down yet. I've been doing a big marketing drive for the guns, and now it looks like it's gonna fall flat because of supplier issues.

That's no good! :cursing: