Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished up a couple of pens for this weekend's market - we'll see how it goes. They're a bit of an experiment, I've never really had enquiries about pens. I also don't know of anyone that is making bank on these - a lot of time goes in for little reward. They are, however, fun to make. I even did a plastic one - I can now tell you that I probably won't be doing that again, the plastic comes off in very fine shavings and that goes everywhere. I spent two hours cleaning up the shop this morning (OK, that was also due to 100 rubber band guns and 10 sets of Jenga coming through)

attachicon.gif5.jpeg

Nice work. A few years ago we got gifted these at work, they were corporate gifts for clients that my boss had made by a friend of his here in P.E.

post-19687-0-49208000-1486654582_thumb.jpg

So I finally got my laser-cut parts (Friday night around 18:00) and spent most of Friday night putting these together. Two crates full  :clap:

post-29544-0-42819600-1487144024_thumb.jpeg

post-29544-0-40804200-1487144043_thumb.jpeg

And then this morning I finally got my labels for only-sort-woodworking-related-chilli-sauce. Hope the label makes up for the lack of wood  :thumbup:

post-29544-0-01470700-1487144129_thumb.jpeg

I had one of these towers fall on toe on x-mas day. Required melting a paperclip through the nail to relieve the pressure at 5:30am the next morning so I could go ride. 

I only noticed this now ... I've sold a couple to Capetonians - it may just have been one of mine :)

Did a funny one yesterday .. I call it the dogbox.

My one daughter is in grade 1 this year, in the 'hondjie klas' and the teacher wanted something to keep their lunchboxes in - out of the sun, away from ants, preferably on wheels. This was my effort :) 

post-29544-0-97076400-1487317481_thumb.jpeg

The doors don't line up because the floor is uneven and the latch is not fully closed.

post-29544-0-02679400-1487317476_thumb.jpeg

It's still to be painted - I can't do everything now can I :D

Did a funny one yesterday .. I call it the dogbox.

My one daughter is in grade 1 this year, in the 'hondjie klas' and the teacher wanted something to keep their lunchboxes in - out of the sun, away from ants, preferably on wheels. This was my effort :)

attachicon.gifdogbox.jpeg

The doors don't line up because the floor is uneven and the latch is not fully closed.

attachicon.gifdogbox 2.jpeg

It's still to be painted - I can't do everything now can I :D

Nice one .... the kids can paint it in class :P

So I finally got my laser-cut parts (Friday night around 18:00) and spent most of Friday night putting these together. Two crates full  :clap:

attachicon.gif6.jpeg

attachicon.gif6-2.jpeg

And then this morning I finally got my labels for only-sort-woodworking-related-chilli-sauce. Hope the label makes up for the lack of wood  :thumbup:

attachicon.gif7.jpeg

Pants, ek smaak chilli woes!

How much for the sous and can you mail?

Must be a nice teacher??

Have you met my daughter? The 6-year old that shoots, rides horses, guts and cleans fish and fowl? The one that climbs into my 15m wild fig tree until the top branches bend? The one that had a mad giggle when I rolled my Jeep with her in it? The one that, just last week, brought a live snake out of the garden? (A rooilippie, she knows them)

I'm saying sorry so long  :w00t:

Here's my little 'angel'

post-29544-0-03159300-1487328261_thumb.jpg

Have you met my daughter? The 6-year old that shoots, rides horses, guts and cleans fish and fowl? The one that climbs into my 15m wild fig tree until the top branches bend? The one that had a mad giggle when I rolled my Jeep with her in it? The one that, just last week, brought a live snake out of the garden? (A rooilippie, she knows them)

I'm saying sorry so long :w00t:

Here's my little 'angel'

IMG_8483.JPG

Sounds like she kicks ass and takes names. High school is going to be stressful.

I passionately hate building kitchens, as melawood is horrendous to work with. It chips, breaks, bends, shifts and ends up having unexpected sharp edges.

I also passionately hate doing work for very close friends and family, as either they want things done fast, cheap(free) and good (as we all know you can only pick two of those) or you feel guilty for not doing those three things.

So what am I doing right now? Building an effing kitchen for an effing close friend. Fortunately it's only three cupboards, and fortunately, I'm done building, just need to install them now.

post-29544-0-05304300-1487748354_thumb.jpeg