Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Not sure if it has been covered. Need a table saw. Problem is budget, so looking more at cheaper ones as per pic or something similar. Reviews not so great on the Makita. Any recommendations welcome

Have a look at Bosch = they're good.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it has been covered. Need a table saw. Problem is budget, so looking more at cheaper ones as per pic or something similar. Reviews not so great on the Makita. Any recommendations welcome

I have that machine fitted it to a rolling bench.

It is a great machine for DIY and some "light industrial" style cutting.

1. The fence is rubbish, but there is a youtube video on building a Biessemeier style one that works great.

2. I've made a table sled and a mitre sled which I use on the saw

3. The plastic insert around the blade is super flimsy and dangerous, I immediately made a zero clearance insert out of pine and all good.

4. has a soft start motor too

I've had mine for close on 5 years and it works perfectly fine

paid R5k for mine second hand and in great condition

Edited by Ed-Zulu

I use Fusion360 its nice, very close to solidworks but without all the extra simulation and testing software you pay for. If you want to get into fusion360 check out Lars Christensen on Youtube, does full on tutorials and live shows re how to use software.

I hated sketch up, It isnt logical using % scaling to resize lines instead of just changing value, it was horrible.

I have that machine fitted it to a rolling bench.

It is a great machine for DIY and some "light industrial" style cutting.

1. The fence is rubbish, but there is a youtube video on building a Biessemeier style one that works great.

2. I've made a table sled and a mitre sled which I use on the saw

3. The plastic insert around the blade is super flimsy and dangerous, I immediately made a zero clearance insert out of pine and all good.

4. has a soft start motor too

I've had mine for close on 5 years and it works perfectly fine

paid R5k for mine second hand and in great condition

Lower end table saws are a problem in SA. There is no real in between type model with belt drive and cast iron tops. The lower end ones are all alu tops with random sized and shaped mitre tracks which is a pain.

Still they can be worked into good saws with decent capacity, just wish there was something like the Delta or Rigid options they have in the states.

Lower end table saws are a problem in SA. There is no real in between type model with belt drive and cast iron tops. The lower end ones are all alu tops with random sized and shaped mitre tracks which is a pain.

Still they can be worked into good saws with decent capacity, just wish there was something like the Delta or Rigid options they have in the states.

True that!

I once phoned Hammer/Hammar (can't remember spelling). Was after their small table saw with sheet goods guide.

Their CEO did the best sales pitch I've ever received but in the end at R53,000 then, it was well out of reach

True that!

I once phoned Hammer/Hammar (can't remember spelling). Was after their small table saw with sheet goods guide.

Their CEO did the best sales pitch I've ever received but in the end at R53,000 then, it was well out of reach

Hammer is a slightly lower level Felder, their saws are AMAZING. Actually everything Felder is amazing. Expensive as heck but such amazing quality.

What about this? Don't knkow much about Toni, but it seems decent...

https://wood.tools4.co.za/product/toni-ts315-contractor-table-saw-315mm-2000w/

Its a rebrand of this one, there are many of them Seppach etc are all the same.

This one is a lot cheaper though: https://www.adendorff.co.za/product/300mm-saw/

This from what I hear is actually a very decent saw:

https://www.adendorff.co.za/product/250mm-prof-tilting-arbor-table-saw/

Maybe PM Nerd, he knows of a Wadkin table saw available for sale, old machines, but solid.

On that note, Does anyone have plans for a computer stand that can be used while on the IDT made from pallets? I have access to pallets for free (yay me) and need to do something a bit better than the ironing board I currently use to put the laptop on while Zwifting. (Seriously, an old ironing board, sawed it in half so its not so long and moved the latch thingy underneath a bit so its the right height. perfect, but a bit too wobbly for my liking)