[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my first email to ride twice, yet I sold my entry yesterday :P 

One day when I am back in the country I'll do it with pleasure. 

For those that got theirs and are able to do it, live to the fullest! 

Uber!!

Nah, I was fine last year after the double argus + meal with a beer at the company tent. It's only 50km back to my home in Stellenbosch anyway. The real issue for me is the money. Not the price, that is reasonable, the problem is my budget  :blush:

Edited by Rouxenator

Sucks that it cost so much. I am sure my boy would love to ride with his mum and younger boet when they start just before 10.

My budget is already fubar. WP XCO series entry, plus 2 actual races this month, plus CSA Racing Licence, plus new set of MTB brake pads. And that just for one rider in the family.

Oh, in there also a kit from Pure Savage, but mom insisted and is paying, all so that her son looks like a pro rider when he starts in 1J.   :thumbup:

Edited by Moridin

Sucks that it cost so much. I am sure my boy would love to ride with his mum and younger boet when they start just before 10.

My budget is already fubar. WP XCO series entry, plus 2 actual races this month, plus CSA Racing Licence, plus new set of MTB brake pads. And that just for one rider in the family.

Oh, in there also a kit from Pure Savage, but mom insisted and is paying, all so that her son looks like a pro rider when he starts in 1J.   :thumbup:

Money well spent. :P

How vibey is the second lap? Worth the extra moolah? Also got an invite for the first time and considering it...

Its great training for the DC, which is the main event of 2017! 

Lekker vibe, people give you free food and booze, you can also get a little rub from the physios!

How vibey is the second lap? Worth the extra moolah? Also got an invite for the first time and considering it...

I think it is even more fun if you can hook up with someone you know and make a proper social ride out of it.

Was a bit caught by surprise how tired you are, especially the first quarter into the 2nd lap as you don't exactly pace yourself doing the 1st lap....

To the people that are super proud of their Sub whatever on the 2nd lap - sorry but you totally missed the point of a 2nd lap. Sad.

Did it last year for the first time - was really great - for sure doing it again this year.

I sat on the wheels of three guys wearing Pure Savage kit (if I remembered correctly) most of the way - they were just going a lekker pace

You have to do it at least once .. I did last year.. its amazing to watch the backmarkers on there pick and pay specials having picnics next to the road..  I

Maybe get my boy to take off his timing chip and then wrap it in foil? Then they can't nail him for not paying.  :whistling:

Maybe get my boy to take off his timing chip and then wrap it in foil? Then they can't nail him for not paying.  :whistling:

And then show him the video of that bike shop break and enter and pilfer while you are about it. Then the whole family can ride new bikes!

Was invited to ride it twice, and Would've been great to do it, but 3 CtCt race entry fees in one month is a bit much.