Wolf Lyle

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cut and paste of text:

Police investigate fatal stabbing incident near Pinetown

Mariannhill Police are investigating a case of murder following a stabbing incident outside Pinetown.

One man was killed and another seriously hurt in the incident yesterday morning. 

Emergency services say the man, who was found along a pathway, had already died before their arrival. 

Netcare911's Chris Botha says the second man was found about 500-metres further down the path - lying near a river.

I think it's standard for then to open a case of murder.

His defense will be that he was defending himself, and be aquitted.

Pity he has to go through all that, he is already traumatised enough.

His intent was not to kill these guys, he was defending himself, with a fold up blade pocket knife nogal ! 

It's SOP to open an inquest docket in such cases. The cops will collect some evidence, take some statements and hand the docket over to the NPA for them to decide whether there is sufficient grounds to prosecute.

Given that this was one guy defending himself against three attackers with only a knife, the NPA will be hard pressed to prove the cyclist had the intention to murder.

It's SOP to open an inquest docket in such cases. The cops will collect some evidence, take some statements and hand the docket over to the NPA for them to decide whether there is sufficient grounds to prosecute.

Given that this was one guy defending himself against three attackers with only a knife, the NPA will be hard pressed to prove the cyclist had the intention to murder.

Shame man, big ups to this guy for defending himself ! The legal ^%$#$^$ to follow is going to be a nightmare tho. The state isn't kind to the victim .. I've been there before , it was terrible.

Someone has serious skills with edged weapons... That's close and personal stuff.

Glad the cyclist came away physically unscathed.

Sadly, more and more, we are becoming a society of victims. There is just more & more unemployment, so the likelihood of these types of attacks will continue & increase. During the Ashburton Ballito race, it was very apparent that the youth in those 1000's of hills have very little prospects of a better life.

Be safe people.

glad cyclist wasn't injured

as cyclist these trash criminals think we are soft targets

cyclists are arming themselves through fear of being attacked

this was bound to happen eventually

though luck for the bad guys :whistling:

Am I the only one who thinks that the guy is in serious trouble?

There is this other thread here about carrying and using a firearm. If I go through the comments there I can't help to come to the conclusion that the cyclist went beyond self defense? Especially because the robbers where unarmed?

That dude must have some mad knife skills(and probably a razor sharp knife) to stab 2 guys once each so deeply and accurately that they both died soon after. Perhaps military training, it's one thing haven't skills another to make the instantaneous decision to use them.

The article seems to imply the cyclist chased the 3 guys into the bush? O_O

Edited by Skylark

Am I the only one who thinks that the guy is in serious trouble?

There is this other thread here about carrying and using a firearm. If I go through the comments there I can't help to come to the conclusion that the cyclist went beyond self defense? Especially because the robbers where unarmed?

I think you the only one...

They got what they deserved, and hopefully this sends a message to the other ***** who try to take what we work hard for.

I hope the cyclist doesn't have to go through BS with our corrupt "officials..."