Giba Gorge Attack

Wolf Lyle

Will be very interesting how this all pans out. 

They came looking for trouble  and they got them some of that!! 

This issue of the attackers being found dead how many meter away and the other one ever further away is not really strange or suspect. 

Stabbed in the stomach will very rarely result in instantiations death. 

Many cases of robbers  shot several shots in the stomach who still ran for a city block  and had time to dump their weapon somewhere. 

Being full of adrenaline it was very likely that they would go some distance after the encounter with the knife.

The running probably did not help to keep the intestines in place.  :ph34r:

Edited by IH8MUD

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks that we now have cyclists riding with knives and guns for protection and will not get into the merits and possible outcomes etc of this case.

My concern is will this deter other future potential muggers or next time they plan on mugging a cyclist they start with violent intent knowing the outcome of this incident. Does this escalate the potential violence involved in bike muggings. There was a case in the Cape earlier this year where they stabbed first and stole the bike 2nd. Either way we the cyclist loose out.    

Hope the case ends well for the cyclist.

It has been the case for some time now for many cases in Gauteng.

Reminds me very much of this story - possibly an urban legend, from a few years ago . . .

George Phillips of Meridian Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police for help. They asked "Is someone actually in your house?" and he said no. They said that all their patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when one became available.

George said "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. "Hello. I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now cause I've just shot them all." Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips residence. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed. One of the policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

I would not like to be the cyclist that sorted those scum bags out .

He has a lot of stress about to come his way .

I have already formed my own opinion as to what probably happened , but if there is a court case , hopefully we will hear the full story .

We need to all be vigilant and carefull if riding on our own .

Trying to read through the tone in your post, but getting stuck...

So some dude, going for a cycle ride gets ambushed and obviously threatened. The ambush itself is a threatening act. Yes or No? He defends himself with a knife and stabs two of the perps who both die from his response. At this time there are no details on the events of the attack, but for the majority of us, 3 on 1 in this type of event is already a life threatening situation if you look at stats for these types of interactions, where the perps had the intent to commit the crime and obviously had some level of planning to that. Now that the cyclist has defended himself and the attackers have lost their lives you seem to be suggesting foul in some way from the way you have worded your opinion, unless I'm reading your resistance to sharing your formed opinion incorrectly, in which case, apologies up front. Please elaborate though.

Edited by Tubehunter

Exactly this!

Well done fellow rider in defending yourself.  I wish I had your skills because I would also use them!

Edited by Sepia

All cyclists, no matter what, where or why they ride a bike, are one of us!

Yes, but it would be nice to know if he was attacked just for money or a fancy bike. Then we know they are on the look out for fancy bikes, and they know what to look for. 

Yes, but it would be nice to know if he was attacked just for money or a fancy bike. Then we know they are on the look out for fancy bikes, and they know what to look for. 

Rumuor has it he rides a Specialized, so no, they were just going for his cell phone.