Giba Gorge Attack

Wolf Lyle

The third victim will come forward and claim that they were just walking along minding their own business. The cyclist then attacked them without warning or any provocation. He will try and milk the system to get some compensation. The cyclist need to get the best lawyer he can. But I am glad he is ok and this turned out well for him. But be aware.

If the sheet hits the fan and he needs cash for a decent attorney, I'm prepared to offer what limited financial resources I can in the form of a donation. I'm sure others will also offer their help if needed

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A tweet from a doc at the hospital says that the one was disemboweled - guy must have gone full beserk.

If this happened more often, there would be a whole lot less redistribution of goods going on. 

A tweet from a doc at the hospital says that the one was disemboweled - guy must have gone full beserk.

If this happened more often, there would be a whole lot less redistribution of goods going on. 

I'm not in any way condemning the cyclists actions, as I don't have all the facts, but it should be kept in mind that the bounds of private defence can be exceeded.

If you slaughter some oke like a pig just because he gave you a PK, you'll be in world of trouble.

Irrespective, as long as the cyclist reasonable believed his life was in danger, he should be okay.

I'm not in any way condemning the cyclists actions, as I don't have all the facts, but it should be kept in mind that the bounds of private defence can be exceeded.

If you slaughter some oke like a pig just because he gave you a PK, you'll be in world of trouble.

Irrespective, as long as the cyclist reasonable believed his life was in danger, he should be okay.

Ja, without going all grim on this - it's entirely possible that a) he just gave the guy a very aggresive slash in the belly during a scuffle (which could still be exculpatory as self-defence) or b) the guy was stabbed and cut and then in the subsequent fall (I read somewhere he fell down something after being stabbed) he "spilled his guts" (sorry).

Far too few facts at present.  Do we even know if the guys were armed or whether the cyclist was hurt at all?

Would that not be unethical for a doc to hop on twitter about a patient/ex patient medical condition?

Would that not be unethical for a doc to hop on twitter about a patient/ex patient medical condition?

I would have thought so too. If not I'm hunting V12 in Twitter! On second thought scrap that idea  :eek:  :excl:

Heard someone talking about this yesterday, although I didn't have the chance to read the story. Glad the victim is okay.

After we heard about some other incidents in Giba, we've been riding in and out of Giba in a group of 4 on average. Maybe I'll take some form of "weapon" with me next time.

Heard someone talking about this yesterday, although I didn't have the chance to read the story. Glad the victim is okay.

After we heard about some other incidents in Giba, we've been riding in and out of Giba in a group of 4 on average. Maybe I'll take some form of "weapon" with me next time.

Or your car....

Personally I feel its about time we start to fight back (when/where we can). This country is run from the top down by criminals and we are held to ransom everyday because of this. You are safe nowhere in SA... I for one am glad to read a report of the robbers losing. Its a welcome change and I couldn't give a toss about the deceased.

I feel terrible for the cyclist though as he will have to live with his decisions for ever (as well as the pathetic dealings of our legal system), but at the end of the day he is alive, he did what he had to do and lets face it, three against one? 

It could have very easily been a headline of "3 Robbers attack and murder a cyclist"....

Personally I feel its about time we start to fight back (when/where we can). This country is run from the top down by criminals and we are held to ransom everyday because of this. You are safe nowhere in SA... I for one am glad to read a report of the robbers losing. Its a welcome change and I couldn't give a toss about the deceased.

I feel terrible for the cyclist though as he will have to live with his decisions for ever (as well as the pathetic dealings of our legal system), but at the end of the day he is alive, he did what he had to do and lets face it, three against one? 

It could have very easily been a headline of "3 Robbers attack and murder a cyclist"....

Nowadays it is hardly worth a headline.

Im fairly sure with the amount of violent bike jackings that have taken place in SA they would be able to prove that he believed his life was in danger.