Giba Gorge Attack

Wolf Lyle

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if "the cyclist" is a commuter, or one of us?

From what I've heard, if you ride Giba pretty often, you'll know the person

The third victim will come forward and claim that they were just walking along minding their own business. The cyclist then attacked them without warning or any provocation. He will try and milk the system to get some compensation. The cyclist need to get the best lawyer he can. But I am glad he is ok and this turned out well for him. But be aware.

If the third guy comes back I am pretty sure the cyclist will finish off the job!!

This dude sounds like Deadpool!! 

I reckon they were holding his handle bars and the third guy trying to pull him off the bike, he must of had the knife close by and mad skills to be that fast. Both attackers on handle bars would have been easy targets to stab in the chest though. 

*From experience being hi jacked twice as a kid on bike*

Yes, but it would be nice to know if he was attacked just for money or a fancy bike. Then we know they are on the look out for fancy bikes, and they know what to look for.

99% of people in general are clueless with regard to knowing the difference between 'n bike that costs 100k and one that cost 10k. Majority of these thugs will then try to sell it for between R100 or R1000 unless they are part of an syndicate.

yes plus its SA so many examples of violent attacks in different parts of the country that contributes to people having to carry weapons to defend themselves. These examples are the proof that people don't just take your bike they violently assault and even kill people in these attacks

Kill for a cell phone or if they don't like your face.

They will certainly go to extremes for an expensive bike.

Rumuor has it he rides a Specialized, so no, they were just going for his cell phone.

Now you've ruined the friendship!

:-)

So yesterday on my way home from a nice Sunday ride at giba I came across this in Stockville Road : attachicon.gifIMG_3955.JPG

Apparently a chap was Cycling along Stockville road when 3 guys tried to rob him. He defended himself with a pocket knife of some sort. Fortunately for him in this situation he must have known how to protect himself.

http://policepicsandclips.com/2016/08/28/958/

"Earlier this morning members from Durban Search and Rescue were called out to Giba gorge to conduct and Rescue and a BodyRecovery with Netcare911 Rescue and the SAPS AIRWING.

Three African male suspects attempted to Rob a complainant at the Giba gorge business park. The complainant defended himself with an edged weapon. Two of the suspects were injured and all three suspects fled.

The complainant gave chase and while in pursuit of the suspects came across the deceased susppect who had tried to rob him. He then came across the 2nd suspect further away in critical condition.

SAPS and Netcare911 Rescue were called to the scene where upon the Airwing was activated to Casevac the critical patient out of the Gorge to the awaiting ambulance on the road. The deceased suspect was recovered and flown to the roadway.

The injured suspect is in surgery at RK Khan presently."

Guys be careful on that road into giba, if any one has more info on this please share .

Give this man the distillery!!!

I'd love to personally shake his hand, kill the bastard thieves.

Thank you sir!!!

Glad the cyclist is alive to tell the tale

Finally cyclists are not ALL soft targets

Lots of assumption from my part as info is limited(I think that's why the hubs law firm hasn't made a comment) but if I was the cyclist I would get the best lawyer money can buy, this could turn ugly very quickly,

Glad the cyclist is alive to tell the tale

Finally cyclists are not ALL soft targets

Lots of assumption from my part as info is limited(I think that's why the hubs law firm hasn't made a comment) but if I was the cyclist I would get the best lawyer money can buy, this could turn ugly very quickly,

Don't dip the mood here, be happy, might be the same bastard who was riding your bike a few months back