SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

Got sms on Friday, saying that I owe SARS money, was like WTF?

So checked, clicked edit after struggling to get onto e-fling website, added my logsheet details for business km's and now they owe me some lekka moola. Can repaint my house and install new gutters. 

Aluminium?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does a negative amount mean I owe sars, or sars owes me? If I owe sars, then off to the editing I go :(.

Does a negative amount mean I owe sars, or sars owes me? If I owe sars, then off to the editing I go :(.

If I may ask what did you do last year?Is this your first return?

If I may ask what did you do last year?Is this your first return?

I filled in as per normal on efiling and got a 0.00, with the auto one I've got some bucks back so need to go into it to understand if everything is 100% ;)

I filled in as per normal on efiling and got a 0.00, with the auto one I've got some bucks back so need to go into it to understand if everything is 100% ;)

Wish mine was so simple as a 0

They have just wacked me

Has anyone gotten their refunds yet?

Work colleague of mine got the sms saying auto assessment done. He was happy with the amount and selected submit on Friday. Got paid last night/yesterday afternoon sometime.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Has anyone gotten their refunds yet?

my wife got hers. My medical expenses helped her to get a few Rands back.

When I was retrenched the super taxed me to “hurt” me. So got a few rands back to pay off some of my medical debt as well.

EDIT: Received my return. No Audit done as they always do... not on me or on my wife

Edited by Cois

• 3 weeks later...

Also got the auto assessment... Was less than expected but like some I had thoughts of just accepting and get that in my account post haste!

Sanity prevailed though and a quick chat to my 'tax guy' suggested that they would just do what they do for me every year and check, would take a bit longer but would it be worth it?

For sure! 4* the initial assessed amount in the SMS, assessment complete yesterday, no audit... Just waiting for the bank SMS now [emoji41]

He charges me 300ZAR, well worth it [emoji16]

I completed my assessment on 01/08 and I’m still waiting for my payment. The IT34a shows what’s due, with no further action required.