SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

I am in the same boat, so auto assessment will not work for me.

Pay medical and RA with taxed income, then still car allowance so also submit a logbook.

I do this every year, and every year I get audited even though they pay me back pretty much the same amount, every year......

Now that I've finalised my logbook and collected all my other tax docs, the E-Filing site is just non-responsive. Faaaantastic!

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my concern with the new auto assessment introduced. Most seem happy to accept.

Just doesn't sit right with me though......

I get the feeling they are offering a lower amount in the hope that someone feels that it’s better than having to go through the schlep of filing.

In reality, some documents aren’t there, so the calculation is wrong.

I get the feeling they are offering a lower amount in the hope that someone feels that it’s better than having to go through the schlep of filing.

In reality, some documents aren’t there, so the calculation is wrong.

Hit the nail on the head

Also got the sms yesterday. The auto assessment is substantially less than what I normally get back. I will look into it this weekend and see why. Definitely not happy with mine.

I had a unpleasant surprise when my auto generated assessment arrived via sms yesterday. 

SARS said I owe them just under R1m. When I called my payroll department they said the original IRP5 upload was corrupted and that a new upload was done on wednesday.

Still a little stomach turning moment .  

The SMS I received RE my tax return is wwwaaayyy off what they owe me .... going to have to sort this out.

i've been stressing about how i must submit my returns for last year as i was unemployed for about all of it, i had a retrenchment package and was on UIF. 

the auto assessment is 3x my usual return so i'm happy to hit the cool, thanks button

My auto assesment came to about 3K more than last year. Seems to be in order. I don't have travel allowance anymore which makes things so much easier. Could not handle that logbook admin anymore, and these days I work so much more from home anyway.

I see they left my car allowance off, so once done with that I should be able to file.

The SMS I received RE my tax return is wwwaaayyy off what they owe me .... going to have to sort this out.

Seems the SMS was wrong. Went onto the SARS site now to check out their calcs, and there the figures are correct. Did the accept thing and now we wait.

Pressed "ACCEPT" with great urgency, also substantially more than I normally get.

Now I wait for the funds to show, so I can send my .308 in to have the long desired silencer/suppressor fitted. 

between getting the SMS and logging in, the amount due back to me increased substantially - you should've waited   :ph34r:  :w00t:

Filing done - was really no extra effort, other than making sure my logbook was/is kept up to date and then checking all the figures.

Once saved, I downloaded the calculated sheet - always keep hard copies of my workings.

Similar to last year, so hoping to see the moola in my account shortly.

Certainly better than the SMS (pay in) vs the first look online (about 40% of my submission.

Got sms on Friday, saying that I owe SARS money, was like WTF?

So checked, clicked edit after struggling to get onto e-fling website, added my logsheet details for business km's and now they owe me some lekka moola. Can repaint my house and install new gutters.