SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

went on now but i can only get my form if i'm immigrating or deceased or insolvent estate

Yes, there is that.

We are in the process of emigrating so I just said yes. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I am 2 weeks later still waiting on my audit results. 21 days is on the 6th August so lets see......

First year in a long time that I'm not getting audited. Thank goodness because this little payout will cover petrol and food for our household for at least 2 months. #thatretrenchedlife.

i thought tax season only opens in September but went in now and it allowed me to update the automated assessment they had done and submit it. So submission is in and I'm getting some money back.

Just got my SMS for auto assesment. I think I need some tools from BPM or Hardware Centre. Is that Kreg Pockethole Joinery Jigs any good?

Also got my SMS, happy with it, I won't bother on my own assesment, will just ACCEPT.

Also got an SMS this evening.

Will need to check online if it’s a refund or not. It’s less than half of what I usually get back, so will not accept the auto assessment.

This is my concern with the new auto assessment introduced. Most seem happy to accept.

Just doesn't sit right with me though......

This is my concern with the new auto assessment introduced. Most seem happy to accept.

Just doesn't sit right with me though......

Yeah so mine only accounted my RA contributions, I still need to manually submit my logbook for my travel allowance, will make a huge difference to the refund. But I think for most people without any funny benefits it should be pretty close.

Yeah so mine only accounted my RA contributions, I still need to manually submit my logbook for my travel allowance, will make a huge difference to the refund. But I think for most people without any funny benefits it should be pretty close.

I am in the same boat, so auto assessment will not work for me.

Pay medical and RA with taxed income, then still car allowance so also submit a logbook.

I do this every year, and every year I get audited even though they pay me back pretty much the same amount, every year......

Also got an SMS this evening.

Will need to check online if it’s a refund or not. It’s less than half of what I usually get back, so will not accept the auto assessment.

Also got the sms yesterday. The auto assessment is substantially less than what I normally get back. I will look into it this weekend and see why. Definitely not happy with mine.