Amateur 3D Printing

Schmorglebot

On 5/14/2024 at 4:54 PM, Kom said:

image.png.8eeddf5f049a7cff629c7a4a7f6510ba.pngPrinted this for a fellow hubber - turned out okish - lmk if there are hubbers out there that want something similar for an event they've done - the idea is to mount this in a picture frame.

image.png.12ae0dacf3778f2733dea44d7cc4baf2.png

I had this printed through this man, I am very impressed, this will make a unique gift for someone, 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/28/2024 at 7:07 PM, ZamaK said:

Interesting suggestion indeed... Will explore it. 

I have fixed 3 Campy FD's like this - I drilled some very small holes (1.0mm) in each part and used some carbon yarn i pulled from a carbon matt from my carbon repair kit and kind of stitched it together - Mixed the resin and dabbed a blob on it and wrapped it in Electrical tape for compression during curing - Once it was cured i filed it down and dabbed a bit of black paint on the repair - Works perfect. Before that i did try the super glue thingy which doesnt work, the superglue don't like sticking to the plastic and broke apart after a few shifts. 

29 minutes ago, madmarc said:

I have fixed 3 Campy FD's like this - I drilled some very small holes (1.0mm) in each part and used some carbon yarn i pulled from a carbon matt from my carbon repair kit and kind of stitched it together - Mixed the resin and dabbed a blob on it and wrapped it in Electrical tape for compression during curing - Once it was cured i filed it down and dabbed a bit of black paint on the repair - Works perfect. Before that i did try the super glue thingy which doesnt work, the superglue don't like sticking to the plastic and broke apart after a few shifts. 

The superglue is just to hold the repair/paperclip in place till carbon it applied If you scuff the carbon side of the derailleur then the new carbon will adhere to the old. Find the paperclip adds internal strength and a solid mount on the non carbon side at the main bolt.

Edited by Barry

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.685970c5fa47f63c86a959df92e7ce69.png

This ebike speed sensor magnet mount was quick an easy to do. Spez charge around R300 for the same. (Bikes come standard with centerlock sensor, so needed something for a 6-bolt rotor).

IMG_5425.jpeg.00073baf6ed7ef610ba53a777f1c96ca.jpeg

Edited by Kom

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Looking for some free speed? Apparently they make you go faster, think I'll print me one to try 🤓

20240705_144937.jpg

Link please, want to print a few as a joke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bebnin said:

I'm looking for an excuse to get the printer going again - will give this a go this evening. I'm in woodstock. 

Brilliant, appreciated

4 hours ago, Alouette3 said:

Brilliant, appreciated

Printed upside down with supports, thinking that you'd rather have the bottom side that fits onto the shock be smoother and closer to dimension? Lemme know if I must turn is around instead?

Will require a little finishing, but this is the result after pulling off the supports. PM and we can organize a pickup. 

20240731_233836.jpg

20240731_233830.jpg

• 2 weeks later...