The Classics

'Dale

RVV and PR are my favorite races and yesterday's awesome RVV showed why. Lots of drama, lactic acid everywhere, crashes and two young riders adding to their reputations.

Absolutely gutted for MVDP that he wasn't in a position to challenge for a win in his debut RVV but an incredible result for him nonetheless. Probably only bettered by Bettiol's win. Sean Kelly picked him as a possible winner and boy was he right. What an incredible ride by him. Just outstanding to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if he animates PR as well.

Next weekend could be just as dramatic!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I wanted to avoid a flower box just before my crash, but I jumped straight into it and immediately broke my front wheel," he explained. "My wheel then broke completely when it hit a pothole on the sidewalk and I crashed face front. That hurt a little."

Vlaanderen infused Dutch courage that. Unbelievable stuff from the young man.

I think the ride from Asgreen are maybe in the shadow of MvdP comeback.

Asgreen, rode at the front most of the day working extremely hard for the wolfpack and Jungels realised, Asgreen was the only one to be able to podium and then sat dead wheel and let him ride off in the final kms. That saved the day for QS.

Edited by Jakkals.

I think the ride from Asgreen are maybe in the shadow of MvdP comepack.

Asgreen, rode at the front most of the day working extremely hard for the wolfpack and Jungels realised, Asgreen was the only one to be able to podium and then sat dead wheel and let him ride off in the final kms. That saved the day for QS.

A gifted podium.. not saying he didn't have a good day out..just that the podium was gifted.

DQ had 3 riders in that last group..they got it wrong. Reckon in pvt Pat will be furious.

They all actually underestimated Bettiol..they won't make that mistake again.

Edited by Gen

A gifted podium.. not saying he didn't have a good day out..just that the podium was gifted.

DQ had 3 riders in that last group..they got it wrong. Reckon in pvt Pat will be furious.

They all actually underestimated Bettiol..they won't make that mistake again.

These guys are professionals. Why do you think they sprint for 7th or 11th or whatever the number is at most races? Nothing is gifted. 

Gifted is Asgreen with immense talent.

These guys are professionals. Why do you think they sprint for 7th or 11th or whatever the number is at most races? Nothing is gifted.

Gifted is Asgreen with immense talent.

The win was gone already so they rode for a sprint for podium.. he knew that so he rode away knowing that no one would really chase him and DQ had no fast guy in the group... smart and no doubt he had a good day.. Edited by Gen

I think the ride from Asgreen are maybe in the shadow of MvdP comeback.

He was the strongest rider out there today. Would be great to compare power of the top 5. 

Now if only he didnt try jump a flower box and then do the one handed rodeo man he would have not had to chase as hard... 

Guess will chalk that up to experience...

That was pretty impressive, 99% of the okes would have come short there. Did you see this one from DDV?

EDIT: "There" being right at the flower box.

ALSO did you see later on when he went power sliding around the corner?

Edited by Long Wheel Base

That was pretty impressive, 99% of the okes would have come short there. Did you see this one from DDV?

EDIT: "There" being right at the flower box.

ALSO did you see later on when he went power sliding around the corner?

How he managed to keep it upright, I dont know.

Impressive  :thumbup:

DQS had 3 in the chase group, but not one of them could beat Kristoff, MVdP or Sagan in a sprint, once Stybar got dropped. The call not to chase and try get somebody up the road possibly came from the team car.

I see EBH was in the second chase group - looking a bit better.

Edited by Christie

DQS had 3 in the chase group, but not one of them could beat Kristoff, MVdP or Sagan in a sprint, once Stybar got dropped. The call not to chase and try get somebody up the road possibly came from the team car.

I see EBH was in the second chase group - looking a bit better.

much better.. think with some luck (cause you always need some luck at PR) and some support he could have a good showing at PR

Another "second tier" rider who impressed was Dylan Van Baarle who was very strong and aggressive on Sunday only 5 weeks after breaking his hand.

I find it a bit strange that Asgreen who clearly had very good legs on the day refused to work with Dylan when they lead the race .. if he did they might have stayed away till the end. Maybe Asgreen went through a bad patch at that time only to recover later again , who knows.