Clicking and Ratchet Noise when Pedaling

Joedup

6 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

This is becoming the definitive thread for all things creaking and also the importance of hearing loss and how it relates to a happy life. 

if you cant hear your wife complaining about your n+1 obsession then life is happy :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, ouzo said:

if you cant hear your wife complaining about your n+1 obsession then life is happy :)

My N+1 is her N+1. She is planning her Santa Cruz build as we speak. 

i had a similar issue that no one could nail down. I eventually solved it - it was the seatpost. but only when it was cold... when things warmed up, the noise went away... but learned a few things in the process - LBS said SPDs are not serviceable, which a 30s google search will prove wrong...

Just now, lechatnoir said:

i had a similar issue that no one could nail down. I eventually solved it - it was the seatpost. but only when it was cold... when things warmed up, the noise went away... but learned a few things in the process - LBS said SPDs are not serviceable, which a 30s google search will prove wrong...

Mine is the opposite. Happens when warmed up which makes me believe it could be pivots or pedals. The two p’s that p me off to work on. 

1 minute ago, Steady Spin said:

Mine is the opposite. Happens when warmed up which makes me believe it could be pivots or pedals. The two p’s that p me off to work on. 

time for that hardtail maybe?

2 minutes ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Another cause could be spokes moving where they overlap .

Thought about that as well. Makes sense for them to “ping” under load where the wheel flexes a bit. 

Definitely worth getting the wheels trued and tensioned to spec. 

7 minutes ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Another cause could be spokes moving where they overlap .

I have this problem and even with truing it still does this under load. Think next would be to respoke with stronger spokes. 

54 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

And the winner is….

Cassette. ******* piece of **** Sunrace. Been nothing but trouble from the start. 

Massive amount of fiddling and redoing the shifting from scratch and it’s quiet again. 

Reason why I recently moved away from sunrace,  caused constant issues on my drivetrain. 

Will rather pay the extra money,  but sunrace never again. 

Glad u got the click sorted

3 minutes ago, MajG said:

Reason why I recently moved away from sunrace,  caused constant issues on my drivetrain. 

Will rather pay the extra money,  but sunrace never again. 

Glad u got the click sorted

Thanks man

Only problem is I have a HG freehub so for now I’m limited to Sunrace or SRAM NX 12 speed cassette. 

Microspline is also not available for my hub so I guess it is XD driver and GX cassette. I can’t wait 20 to 30 days for a Garbaruk cassette to arrive.