Man doping

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My missus has encountered this before, while contending for podium. Even so far as getting blocked from passing said "man dopers"

Not fair in an individual race. Mixed team event is a completely different ballgame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine if they are doing this, it's because the perceive it provides some sort of benefit for her.

And if it provides some sort of benefit for her then it's clearly not a "fair" thing to do.

People don't all share the same moral compass though -  on bikes or off them.

My wife and I did a mtb race recently. In the ladies category, one of the podium contenders's husband rode with her the whole race and she could just sit behind him riding slip all the way. My wife also got podium. She said she does not think she would have beaten the other girl if her husband was not there but she kind off settled for the minor positions knowing she is not going to beat this couple working together.

During prize giving they also won a catagory created for first couple in so the race organisers did not see any issue with it.

So my question is should men be allowed to "support" female podium contenders?

I don't think its right, ​If they want to have a couples category then they should not be allowed to claim individual honours.

But then again it does create a nice cuddlywugglycosyhappyfamily atmosphere...

If there was a mass start then you can ride together, IMHO. If you started in separate M and F groups, then absolutely not. Also, if the rules don't prohibit it, I don't see any issue.

Think about it, a lot of people will ride with their mate on a mass start. Would anyone complain about that?

I remember seeing this happen when I watched the London Marathon years ago. Not sure if they still do it or not:

"Pacemaking in Marathons

In 2003, Britain's Paula Radcliffe finished the London Marathon in 2 hours, 15 minutes, and 25 seconds, the fastest time ever registered by a woman running the 26.2 mile race. Radcliffe's performance that day has been hailed as one of the greatest individual performances in the history of sports, but as of January 1 of next year, that record will be wiped from the annals of marathon world records. Why? Because the London Marathon allows women to run alongside male pacemakers, and officials from the International Association of Athletics Federations have decided that running alongside these men makes women artificially faster."

I remember seeing this happen when I watched the London Marathon years ago. Not sure if they still do it or not:

"Pacemaking in Marathons

In 2003, Britain's Paula Radcliffe finished the London Marathon in 2 hours, 15 minutes, and 25 seconds, the fastest time ever registered by a woman running the 26.2 mile race. Radcliffe's performance that day has been hailed as one of the greatest individual performances in the history of sports, but as of January 1 of next year, that record will be wiped from the annals of marathon world records. Why? Because the London Marathon allows women to run alongside male pacemakers, and officials from the International Association of Athletics Federations have decided that running alongside these men makes women artificially faster."

In all the major running events the males and females are split. Even the pacemakers are females in the female races (obviously...) Edited by Pulse

In all the major running events the males and females are split. Even the pacemakers are females in the female races (obviously...)

Except in the 800m event....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk