UCI Mountain Bike World Cup comes to the Western Cape in 2018

News bot

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the normal corse they used at SA champs in 2015 was flippen brutal !! Should be very interesting to see what changes they will make.

Think the rock garden will be the first thing.

Fantastic news! And if I have my internal calendar right, then it is going to be on Saturday 10 directly before the Argus on Sunday 11 March! That's one way of getting all the SA cycling nuts together for a big rowdy crowd! 

The crowd is going to be next level.

With grandstand at the reigns, I hope they can make this event commercially viable so we can have Stellies on the calendar on a regular basis.

Total assumption here, but I am sure we will be charged entry to spectate, which I will be more than happy to pay. Hopefully they can also get a large sponsor on board as well.

The crowd is going to be next level.

With grandstand at the reigns, I hope they can make this event commercially viable so we can have Stellies on the calendar on a regular basis.

Total assumption here, but I am sure we will be charged entry to spectate, which I will be more than happy to pay. Hopefully they can also get a large sponsor on board as well.

Whoever is organising must think long and hard about this. The first pmb dh and xc was free entry and the crowds were good. The last xc was in the region of 100 bucks and the crowds were pathetic. There are others ways to make money from the event...

Whoever is organising must think long and hard about this. The first pmb dh and xc was free entry and the crowds were good. The last xc was in the region of 100 bucks and the crowds were pathetic. There are others ways to make money from the event...

I agree.You want the non cycling locals to go as well, and if you charge R100, they will simply stay away. Let us face it: There are too few of us serious cycling nuts. We need to attract more. That is what this event can do for cycling: Attract new blood and inspire youngsters.