Anyone using Zwift?

This is on my to do list, which I think would help with the arsepain

I have been trying to understand the purpose of these other than when you stand and climb?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chop over here, did not read the instructions properly, did the whole of stage one without joining an actual group...so that lekker stage is going to have to be re-done on one of the make-up days... only realised this at about 7km from the end of the Big Loop.  

From today on wards Stage 2, so you missed S1

I have been trying to understand the purpose of these other than when you stand and climb?

It just allows the bike to move a bit as opposed to being a rigid structure.

It just allows the bike to move a bit as opposed to being a rigid structure.

a more natural riding movement, even when seated.

Even though I'm not using Zwift (yet?), I think I'm going to make something like this for my trainer, looks like a good idea

And? How did it go? Pretty nice stage. But yes, Fire & Ice is going to be a KILLER.

going to do this at 17:00 hopefully.

at least you didn't have to go up the radio tower climb yet.  also... tour of fire and ice will be freaking hard.  (it was for me any ways,  i averaged 174 bpm for the climb)

Ouch. What a drag. "Lekker" stage to be redone indeed. Saw one other Saffa on route during my stage 1. Doing stage 2 tomorrow night.

Chop over here, did not read the instructions properly, did the whole of stage one without joining an actual group...so that lekker stage is going to have to be re-done on one of the make-up days... only realised this at about 7km from the end of the Big Loop.  

Crikey, that sucks!

I also did stage 1 yesterday.

I Started stage 2 tonight, but there were hectic server issues. The screen froze and I found myself all alone time trialling with continual screen freezing, so I got gatvol and DNF’d. I will complete it tomorrow night, but I think the 7pm time slot is just gonna filled with too many people for Zwift to handle.

Over the weekend, I did Alpe du Zwift, but 100 meters from the top, my Ipad battery was conking out, so I had to DNF that too and save the ride before it went totally kaput. Kinda the way one feels when you puncture at Argus going through Sea Point!

Crikey, that sucks!

I Started stage 2 tonight, but there were hectic server issues. The screen froze and I found myself all alone time trialling with continual screen freezing, so I got gatvol and DNF’d. I will complete it tomorrow night, but I think the 7pm time slot is just gonna filled with too many people for Zwift to handle.

Over the weekend, I did Alpe du Zwift, but 100 meters from the top, my Ipad battery was conking out, so I had to DNF that too and save the ride before it went totally kaput. Kinda the way one feels when you puncture at Argus going through Sea Point!

100 meters that not funny.

I did ADZ last night, 57min, just after that Zwift started having major issues.

Crikey, that sucks!

i think they really need to sort their server issues out for the big races/rides.  what i also noticed is that for stage 1, less than 200 people rsvp'd, but there were 800+ people riding.

Saw on the tweeta that there were server issues last night. 

I did a workout prior to the 7pm start of the stage, and I am currently so unfit, that I died 50mins into the workout, and couldn't finish.. no ways I was doing another hour after that. So stage 2 happened at 5am this morning for me. Was quite pleasant, and I dd not finish last, which is a personal triumph. 

Saw on the tweeta that there were server issues last night.

I did a workout prior to the 7pm start of the stage, and I am currently so unfit, that I died 50mins into the workout, and couldn't finish.. no ways I was doing another hour after that. So stage 2 happened at 5am this morning for me. Was quite pleasant, and I dd not finish last, which is a personal triumph.

Lol. Not finishing last is also the yardstick by which I measure my lofty Zwift accomplishments.

Ok, so I'm just using a normal IDT with no remote resistance adjustment. I use a stages power meter, with Bluetooth to my iPhone, then hooked up to my apple TV. So my only adjustment is change gears. I also have compact cranks so anything over 250watts is biggest gear at a really uncomfortable cadence.  I have been doing this now for about 2weeks. It is not ideal but it is motivating me to do some training, and really gonna help as we start hitting the warmer months here. 

My question, might seem stupid, but those on self adjusting smart trainers, when you it in a groups slip stream does it lessen the resistance slightly? Did the Stage 2 yesterday and a lot of people riding in bunches, to me it doesn't make a difference. 

Also, with the smart trainers are you able to :"freewheel" downhill? 

Ok, so I'm just using a normal IDT with no remote resistance adjustment. I use a stages power meter, with Bluetooth to my iPhone, then hooked up to my apple TV. So my only adjustment is change gears. I also have compact cranks so anything over 250watts is biggest gear at a really uncomfortable cadence.  I have been doing this now for about 2weeks. It is not ideal but it is motivating me to do some training, and really gonna help as we start hitting the warmer months here. 

My question, might seem stupid, but those on self adjusting smart trainers, when you it in a groups slip stream does it lessen the resistance slightly? Did the Stage 2 yesterday and a lot of people riding in bunches, to me it doesn't make a difference. 

Also, with the smart trainers are you able to :"freewheel" downhill? 

One does experience the "aero benefits" of group riding, as well as slipstreaming another person.

Freewheel downhill: yes, but it's a weird concept on an IDT for me.