Anyone using Zwift?

Thanks Bertusras

I've selected differnt pre defined routes and the problem is that when I start riding the pre defined route is always that 9km Hilly route

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bertusras

I've selected differnt pre defined routes and the problem is that when I start riding the pre defined route is always that 9km Hilly route

so guys witch would be the best option for me and my wife zwift or rouvy? thing with zwift is we need to pay for 2 seprate subscriptions so im looking at alternitaves.

so guys witch would be the best option for me and my wife zwift or rouvy? thing with zwift is we need to pay for 2 seprate subscriptions so im looking at alternitaves.

My 2c, if you are looking for a structured workout look at Trainerroad. I tried Rouvy but it just frustrated me, it has got a lot of bells and whistles make no mistake, but i battled with it. I loaded from my rides onto Rouvy but never managed to get to ride them. (Maybe my computer skills sucks). Zwift i wanted to try but my laptop was to old to run the program....All of them do give you a 2 week free trial period maybe "test drive" them all !! Goodluck

Thanks Bertusras

I think you pretty much always start at the same spot on the map regardless of the route chosen.  But then at the first junction you automatically turn in the direction of your chosen route.  

For example if you choose 'flat route' (I forget the actual names), when you start you we will see 'Hilly Route' PR information.  However, at the first junction you will turn left automatically instead of going straight up the hill. Thus, taking you off the Hilly Route and onto the Flat route.  Hope that makes sense?

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently using zwift mobile link to pair up my trainer to my pc through my wireless network at home. it uses normal bluetooth via phone. thus far in 3 rides i havnt had any connection drops... im considering not to buy an ant + at all.

I am currently using zwift mobile link to pair up my trainer to my pc through my wireless network at home. it uses normal bluetooth via phone. thus far in 3 rides i havnt had any connection drops... im considering not to buy an ant + at all.

Do you have a bluetooth HR strap?

There was quite a bit of lag when I used it more than a year ago, is it still the case?

There was quite a bit of lag when I used it more than a year ago, is it still the case?

Im still very new to virtual training and rides but it felt good to ke with little to no lag. any pointers i should look at on next ride?

I have a good internet connection though and wifi router is hard wired to computer.

Yes I donhave a bluetooth hr strap polar h7 and its. alsobworks through phone tondata on screen in zwift.

Edited by Be4dawn

• 1 month later...

I am losing my mind and my hard earned cash with zwift. Have the following

Kickr snap

Garmin 1000 bundle

Android phone

Ant+ Dongle

Lenovo desktop with win10 64bit

Intel Pentium cpu J4025 @ 1.50ghz (4 cpus), 4GB RAM, Intel HE Graphics 2GB display memory.

Wi-Fi using ADSL

ALL purchased in the last week and not a pedal turned in anger.

Having issues with the zwift updater basically running for hours on end. Raised a ticket with them and this appears to be a known issue.

I am a non IT person and I cannot believe this is so difficult.

Is there a simple solution around?

My 2c, if you are looking for a structured workout look at Trainerroad. I tried Rouvy but it just frustrated me, it has got a lot of bells and whistles make no mistake, but i battled with it. I loaded from my rides onto Rouvy but never managed to get to ride them. (Maybe my computer skills sucks). Zwift i wanted to try but my laptop was to old to run the program....All of them do give you a 2 week free trial period maybe "test drive" them all !! Goodluck

i'm running Zwift on my 2011 macbook pro. 

it only has a 512mb card. below the min spec by half and it does ok, every now and then it stutters, but not enough to bug me.

i was not expecting it to work at all!

on a slightly different point i see i am now able to use my apple tv!

loaded up and will try tomorrow.

only downside is only being able to use 2x bluetooth sensors to record...

so the kickr or P1 pedals for power + my phone linked to my garmin strap (this takes the Ant+ signal and converts it to bluetooth)

Kickr snap

Garmin 1000 bundle

Android phone

Ant+ Dongle

Intel Pentium cpu J4025 @ 1.50ghz (4 cpus), 4GB RAM, Intel HE Graphics 2GB display memory.

Wi-Fi using ADSL

Having issues with the zwift updater basically running for hours on end. Raised a ticket with them and this appears to be a known issue.

Morning,

The standard IT answer,

1.  uninstall Zwift

2.  Reboot pc

3.  Install Zwift

4. If all fails, more than welcome to phone me. I will try and help.

Both my wife and I run Kickr 3 with separate Zwift accounts on one wifi all works 100%.

Kickr snap

Garmin 1000 bundle

Android phone

Ant+ Dongle

Wi-Fi using ADSL

Zwift is notoriously bad at updating. Uninstalling and reinstalling should help. Are you getting any error codes, Z113 by any chance?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Edited by brucem76

I have not read all the previous post. But for those of you looking to start Zwifting I recently got the Apple TV 4k and works effortlessly. For under R3000 for the 32gb version and everything works seemlessly.

I have not read all the previous post. But for those of you looking to start Zwifting I recently got the Apple TV 4k and works effortlessly. For under R3000 for the 32gb version and everything works seemlessly.

+1 On the Apple TV set up... No way to ZWIFT any cheaper. I also find the quality and responsiveness very good. Need a Bluetooth HR belt, but other than that it is really cool.