Anyone using Zwift?

attachicon.gifZwift.JPG

Ok some feedback...(and still I may just be blond newby)..

I was always connected to the Internet (i.e. riders everywhere). Attached is a screenshot of what the zwift.com page says.  

As you can see..there is a 19.8 kn activity and then the rest at the top...hwo do I get the top part as a whole ride into Strava. 

Is that the only activity on your zwift.com profile?

I see that I also had a partial upload to zwift.com on saturday. (ride did not upload automatically, which meant I had to get the .fit file from my phone using itunes to manually upload to strava.)

Zwift:

post-24416-0-49237800-1488191977_thumb.jpg

Strava.

post-24416-0-53633000-1488192008_thumb.jpg

As you can see, there is a difference in distance and time, normally indicative that somewhere along the line, some of the ride was not uploaded to zwift.com.

I suggest you locate the .fit file on your PC, and then manually upload it to strava, to see if the correct distance was recorded.

Edit: some spelling and whatnot

Edited by RocknRolla

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Under my activity in Zwift there is a download link which generates a fit file. I imported it into Strava and it says it is a partially corrupted file but what is imported is only the 19.8 km. So even though I did a 57km ride...only a part got saved. Does this sort of thing happen often? Losing a part of your ride? Eish....

Also my previous question applies..is there no average speed or watt on the screen whilst your riding?

Quite strange. I've never had an incomplete workout before.

As for the averages, no option to do that at the moment, as far as I'm aware.

Had a few Partial loads already, seems like damaged is normally caused when trying to upload to Strava from Zwift as that normally hangs a little.

Nothing I could do to fix this, when you go download ride on zwift , it says partial on it and data is missing.

Under my activity in Zwift there is a download link which generates a fit file. I imported it into Strava and it says it is a partially corrupted file but what is imported is only the 19.8 km. So even though I did a 57km ride...only a part got saved. Does this sort of thing happen often? Losing a part of your ride? Eish....

Also my previous question applies..is there no average speed or watt on the screen whilst your riding?

The activity gets recorded as a .fit file, which is stored on your computer/ios device, this is uploaded during your activity periodically every 10 minutes. If for some reason part of the upload gets lost in the interwebs, you will see a partial upload at zwift.com.

If you download the file from zwift.com, it will only be the partial file, not the complete.fit file.

You can find the complete .fit file on the hard drive of your computer, and manually upload it to strava, this will have all the data, duration etc.

post-24416-0-74056400-1488195743_thumb.jpg

https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/202257019-Can-I-upload-my-fit-file-activity-to-a-third-party-site-

What it comes down to, is if you see a partial upload on zwift.com, you need to locate the file on your computer, and manually upload to strava.

as for average speed/watts, I dont think this can be toggled on the display. you can only select instant power or 3sec average. This is on the ios app, not sure about the pc version.

All the data is available for 3rd party apps to get all the numbers you need. If you have ant+ capabilities on your trainer, you can set up your trainer as a power source, and get the average speed/power numbers on your garmin head unit. AFAIK

Thx for all the feedback! I'm the office at the moment, will check on my training laptop tonight! I am using a Tacx Flux (smart), so I can connect my Garmin if I want to. Guess I should do that to get avg speed etc. Pitty it is not on the screen. 

Saw a few riders on Zwift already doing 100km+..sheesh that takes some serious ***!! One thing I did pick up was some some rides doing near impossible speeds up the 7% climb! I know I am no pro, but some guys seem to be doing 4-5 times my speed..does not sound possible! I guess some trainers (non smart, no resistance) can do that. 

I guess some trainers (non smart, no resistance) can do that. 

It's also heavily dependant on your weight (and honesty). If you have your profile set up with your weight as 10KG, obviously you're going to fly up the climbs ;)

Thx for all the feedback! I'm the office at the moment, will check on my training laptop tonight! I am using a Tacx Flux (smart), so I can connect my Garmin if I want to. Guess I should do that to get avg speed etc. Pitty it is not on the screen. 

Saw a few riders on Zwift already doing 100km+..sheesh that takes some serious ***!! One thing I did pick up was some some rides doing near impossible speeds up the 7% climb! I know I am no pro, but some guys seem to be doing 4-5 times my speed..does not sound possible! I guess some trainers (non smart, no resistance) can do that. 

If you have a trainer set up only as power source, with no variable resistance, you can easily fly up the "inclines"

yeah, the northern hemisphere is nearing the end of winter, there are some Norwegian riders with nothing but time and darkness, thus spending hours on their trainers.

Personally, I am nearing the point where 2 hours is more than manageable, and I will possibly push for 3 hour rides, depending on If I am allowed back outside...

Did a race with some of these northern hemisphere riders, and TBH, after an hour I was spat out the back of the group like a toddler eating broccoli.

There are some monsters riding zwift, making numbers that is quite astonishing.

I suggest you do the zwift FTP test, in order to get a baseline value, so your training will be more accurate, suited to your ability.

Just by the way, it does not get easier.

Edited by RocknRolla

Has anyone got discovery points from zwift rides? I've manually uploaded the fit file into connect but it doesn't seem to get the points (despite wearing a hrm). I guess i could wear my watch and record a separate activity for discovery but would have thought the zwift rides counted...

Has anyone got discovery points from zwift rides? I've manually uploaded the fit file into connect but it doesn't seem to get the points (despite wearing a hrm). I guess i could wear my watch and record a separate activity for discovery but would have thought the zwift rides counted...

Used to work, but doesn't any longer. It's not recorded by a Garmin device. I've subsequently purchased a Forerunner watch and now use that to record HR only, and upload that to Garmin Connect.

AFAIK the only way to get Disco points from Zwift activities, is to wear your watch and record your HR while doing the ride. If you have a speed/cadence sensor connected you could record it as a proper Indoor Cycling acitivity with distance and cadence data.

Just be aware that there will be a difference in distance and speed between what Zwift tells you and what your Garmin says, since Zwift stats is all power (Wattage) based and your Garmin will be using data from the speed sensor.

I have never pushed beyond 2 hours on an indoor trainer and I have been using them extensively for a number of years...it is more than a mental issue. Certain parts of my anatomy seems to really complain after 2 hours! Plus the sweat and...ok just eeuw stuff! 

Let's be honest..2 hours on an indoor trainer is in my opinion probably equal to 2.5-3 hrs outside due to no freewheeling. You all agree?

I have never pushed beyond 2 hours on an indoor trainer and I have been using them extensively for a number of years...it is more than a mental issue. Certain parts of my anatomy seems to really complain after 2 hours! Plus the sweat and...ok just eeuw stuff! 

Let's be honest..2 hours on an indoor trainer is in my opinion probably equal to 2.5-3 hrs outside due to no freewheeling. You all agree?

You freewheel outside? :blink:

But seriously don't compare the 2. IDT does make you hit your zones better only if you are focused, otherwise your just tossing around inside rather than outside.

A tip to make it more bearable, break your session up into intervals. If I can't do an outdoor ride I normally catch up on series and do the following:

30min warmup (z1/z2)

2 x 40min @ Tempo with 10 min recovery in between

1x 10min @ 95% FTP

30 min Cooldown (z1/z2)

Gives you just under 3hrs

Edited by Jurgens Smit

• 1 month later...

Can anybody share experiences with moving from the CycleOps virtual training software to Zwift? Worth giving it a go? Any issues I need to know of with a powerbeam pro Bluetooth trainer?

Many thanks