Anyone using Zwift?

one more thing that  helps with signal ...USB extention cord male to female....i found i sometimes had ANT+ signal drops due to distance.

Plan is to have the pc nice and close to the IDT and then connect to a tv screen with HDMI cable.

Hopefully get it all sorted by this weekend

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually mad at myself for not trying out Zwift earlier in my life. It has completely changed my training.

Previously I could only spend 30min max on the IDT, too boring!

I had no plan for my training, just rode 30min with HR in the correct band according to Vitality.

Last night I spent 52minutes on Zwift doing a workout and the time flew by.

I am training on a classic trainer, so no ERG mode, but I am still training according to Power, which is much more repeatable than HR.

The fees are MUCH lower than any spinning or PowerCycling class, plus I can do it whenever I want. After the little one goes to bed I hop on and I get a great workout in. No driving anywhere and missing out on valuable family time.

I think Zwift has the potential to become the Uber of training. It could close down allot of cycling studios.

My zwift experience a bit frustrating at present. Dropping power signal all the time despite dongle being about a meter from my powertap. No issues with the Heart rate signal though?

My zwift experience a bit frustrating at present. Dropping power signal all the time despite dongle being about a meter from my powertap. No issues with the Heart rate signal though?

Make sure you have all the latest firmwares installed. That's the first thing.

Next is your antstick. I replaced my garmin one with a wahoo one and it sorted out all my problems. That said my garmin one came to a point where I needed to squeeze it for it to work.

Hr and cadence seem to need to update less so the power meter tends to be the first one to drop out.

Make sure you have all the latest firmwares installed. That's the first thing.

Next is your antstick. I replaced my garmin one with a wahoo one and it sorted out all my problems. That said my garmin one came to a point where I needed to squeeze it for it to work.

Hr and cadence seem to need to update less so the power meter tends to be the first one to drop out.

Firmware is up to date, and the dongle is quite new. Not understanding why the powertap signal is failing

Firmware is up to date, and the dongle is quite new. Not understanding why the powertap signal is failing

Does it also fail on the garmin?

doesn't skip a beat on the Garmin

Try another antstick if you can. What kind of antstick do you have by the way? The older garmin ones don't have enough ant channels to work properly.

The long garmin ones were an issue (like from the 910xt) because they have fewer channels than the new ones. See if you can find some more info on the number of channels your one has. Are you using it with HR and Cadence at the same time?

my powertap also functions as a cadence sensor but I've disabled it as that's where the problems started, so just running with the HR and power. Thinking I should maybe disable the HR as well and see what that does.

my powertap also functions as a cadence sensor but I've disabled it as that's where the problems started, so just running with the HR and power. Thinking I should maybe disable the HR as well and see what that does.

There seem to be quite a few other porential issues, what channel is your WiFi on? Any other wireless devices around? That type of thing.

There seem to be quite a few other porential issues, what channel is your WiFi on? Any other wireless devices around? That type of thing.

could well be the problem, I haven't really added any more devices and it worked fine

Ugh I've also been having ANT+ issues and it's frustrating the hell out of me.

It always happens after 45 minutes of training. I've got an extension cable so the stick is right next to the trainer. I've used two different TACX trainers, and two different sticks, and it's happened on both. But it doesn't always happen. But it drops everything, HR, cadence and power. So I'm thinking there's an issue with my PC now?

Ugh I've also been having ANT+ issues and it's frustrating the hell out of me.

It always happens after 45 minutes of training. I've got an extension cable so the stick is right next to the trainer. I've used two different TACX trainers, and two different sticks, and it's happened on both. But it doesn't always happen. But it drops everything, HR, cadence and power. So I'm thinking there's an issue with my PC now?

Have you tried the Bluetooth option?