Anyone using Zwift?

Lol not sure how long it will take from Italy..was free shipping..often means slow shipping!

should have spent your money locally. No back up on the product, standard shipping and the chances of your package being thrown around by the post office and customs.

Goodluck.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I only just got a Tacx Flux last week and not sure that I have it set up correctly, I going back to cwc with the trainer and my bike this week to see if they can help with the setup. It feels like the resistance is incredibly high and my average watts are at least 30 higher than on the Wattbike. This is using Tacx software.

I was hoping Zwift would make the trainer more enjoyable so I got a quote for a new laptop from my IT guy today:

Dell Latitude 5480 Notebook 
- Intel Core i7 7600U 2.8GHz CPU
- 14" FullHD AntiGlare LED Display
- 8GB DDR4 Memory
- 1TB SATA Hard Drive
- Wireless & Bluetooth
- NVidia GeForce 930MX Graphics
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE Card
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- 3Yr NBD Warranty

R 25,378.65  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Do I really need to spend this money to use Zwift, is it worth it? 

I only just got a Tacx Flux last week and not sure that I have it set up correctly, I going back to cwc with the trainer and my bike this week to see if they can help with the setup. It feels like the resistance is incredibly high and my average watts are at least 30 higher than on the Wattbike. This is using Tacx software.

I was hoping Zwift would make the trainer more enjoyable so I got a quote for a new laptop from my IT guy today:

- 8GB DDR4 Memory
- 1TB SATA Hard Drive
- Wireless & Bluetooth
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- 3Yr NBD Warranty

Huge over kill...

buy any i5 ...it works just fine...or a tablet with Bluetooth

Edited by Madone69

- 8GB DDR4 Memory

- 1TB SATA Hard Drive

- Wireless & Bluetooth

- Windows 10 Pro 64bit

- 3Yr NBD Warranty

madness. I got a Dell, can't recall which model but has the required specs. For R13000

Zwift also runs on appletv (4th gen only) (or at least in beta testing) for 13k you can get an appletv, nice tv and Bluetooth speaker. Just make sure your cadence sensor and hrm are BLE devices.

https://zwiftblog.com/apple-tv-beta/

Just make sure you can get a spot before you buy an appletv. Otherwise get an iPad/iPhone... That's the next cheapest way.

- 8GB DDR4 Memory
- 1TB SATA Hard Drive
- Wireless & Bluetooth
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- 3Yr NBD Warranty

I use a Dell Inspiron laptop with a CORE I5 CPU

It has

• 8GB RAM,
  • 500GB HDD,
  • 13" touch screen,
  • Windows 10 Single Language.
  • Bluetooth (connection to headphones),
  • Wi-Fi? (via home network to tablet / phone as remote control and also connection to the internet),  
  • ANT+ via dongle (to PowerTap)
  • Internet connection: 20mbit fibre

And it all works smoothly. 

The specs you posted might be more suitable for online FPS/shoot-em-up style gaming. Total overkill for the blocky graphics (compared to modern games) in Zwift.

Important stuff

Wi-Fi/Lan connection,

Bluetooth (If the Tacx uses that?)

USB ports (for ANT+ Dongle if required)

A decent (stable connection, with not second long pings) internet connection will be more important than any of the rest.

The rest:

RAM (8GB+) the most important. More than 8 will not make a big difference though

GFX card.... not so much

OS... whatever allows Zwift to run (Any flavour of Windows 10 in other words)

HDD size will have the least effect, other than availabel space

The rest are basically irrelevant for Zwift

- 8GB DDR4 Memory
- 1TB SATA Hard Drive
- Wireless & Bluetooth
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- 3Yr NBD Warranty

You need a new IT guy

Just a quick question

Running ZWIFT on my PC and Mobile Link on my Android Phone.

Using a Garmin Edge 820 HR Sensor and Cadence Sensor, do I need a USB dongle do connect it to Zwift?

Just a quick question

Running ZWIFT on my PC and Mobile Link on my Android Phone.

Using a Garmin Edge 820 HR Sensor and Cadence Sensor, do I need a USB dongle do connect it to Zwift?

Yep, Garmin products talk ANT+, which your PC won't understand, thus you need an ANT+ dongle. 

I got one from this website, works seemlesly for me on Zwift:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/264669-usb-ant-dongle-for-tacx-garmin-zwift-indoor/

http://www.sportsworld.co.za/

I use Zwift on my iPhone and stream via Apple TV onto my TV in the lounge, much easier and better then a laptop.