Anyone using Zwift?

I'm into week 3 now of the 3 Run 13.1 Plan and the GF cycling plan.

Sh1ts definitely getting real now - I can still manage the run but the cycling is getting a bit tough now.  Battled to do the 2hr ride on Sunday

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do love the banter, sometimes very active, sometimes quiet. A bit like the hub, where random strangers come together and converse because of a shared interest.

Hey, wait, I think I rode with you on Saturday in TdZ stage 6, 10am start? 

Hey, wait, I think I rode with you on Saturday in TdZ stage 6, 10am start? 

Yep,

I was in the 10 am group. My ride didnt upload, didnt get the stamp.

Weirdly, it did pull through to Zpower.

did the last ride of the stage this morning, but I’m completely poked at the moment. Recovery all the way this week for me.

I'm into week 3 now of the 3 Run 13.1 Plan and the GF cycling plan.

Sh1ts definitely getting real now - I can still manage the run but the cycling is getting a bit tough now.  Battled to do the 2hr ride on Sunday

They absolutely KILL you with accumulation on esp those long rides. It look very doable on paper... but I very vividly remember turning off ERG and cruising through a very last last interval at juuust above threshold the other day, saying they can take this star and stick it somewhere where they require light.

Yep,

did the last ride of the stage this morning, but I’m completely poked at the moment. Recovery all the way this week for me.

2 stages to go. Gotta do it, so recover well. 

They absolutely KILL you with accumulation on esp those long rides. It look very doable on paper... but I very vividly remember turning off ERG and cruising through a very last last interval at juuust above threshold the other day, saying they can take this star and stick it somewhere where they require light.

Yup - I had visions of doing them all and getting the stars.  But Sunday that all went out the window.  I could do the 5min above Threshold sets, but the 10min "recovery" in between were anything but that.  I lost 4 of the 12 stars.

Talking stars, I see the shortlist for the ZA Run Academy was announced.  I hit every single star on the ZA Run, and followed everything by the book.  I'm not a natural runner but I did think they would look at how well you could follow a program, and by doing that I might make the shortlist.

No such luck unfortunately.

Yep,

email their support team, had a similar issue last year and they managed to fix it.

email their support team, had a similar issue last year and they managed to fix it.

Thanks, I did the other two rides of the stage this weekend, so my "passport" did get the stage 6 stamp.

Is anyone here using Zwift with a custom TrainingPeaks plan?

Started one 3 weeks back... makes the Zwift plans seem totally useless

Yip. That and also do TrainerRoad workouts in Zwift too. I use TrainerRoad in Summer (Dubai) as they have great short plans to help maintain fitness, I’ve even come out fitter a few times.

I am also having fun on Tour De Zwift, though I am being killed every ride. I missed stage 3, so will have to go back amd do it on one of the make up days. I believe its very hard.

My trainer, is very quiet and smooth when sitting. But, as soon as I stand I get this very loud creaking noise, which really is getting to me. I dont know if its the drivetrain or the trainer. I suppose I should take the bike and ride it outside, or mount another one on the trainer to see. (I have just oiled the chain). Anyone experienced something similar? Any ideas?

For the IT challenged as myself, is there a way which I can display Zwift from my Android device to a dummy monitor, and in a way which allows my device to keep charging as I use it during a virtual ride? I'm sick and tired of having to set up (and disconnect) my Notebook each time, and wireless options like Google Chromecast don't seem to work on my device.

Please help!!

I am also having fun on Tour De Zwift, though I am being killed every ride. I missed stage 3, so will have to go back amd do it on one of the make up days. I believe its very hard.

My trainer, is very quiet and smooth when sitting. But, as soon as I stand I get this very loud creaking noise, which really is getting to me. I dont know if its the drivetrain or the trainer. I suppose I should take the bike and ride it outside, or mount another one on the trainer to see. (I have just oiled the chain). Anyone experienced something similar? Any ideas?

Not sure what trainer you have but when my Kickr gets noisy, I properly clean the chain, cassette derailleur and then re-lube the chain and lubricate all the other moving bits on the bike- this works really well for me. 

Check for tightness at the QR. 

I have my old 26inch MTB on the Kickr, and it creaks like hell when I stand and pedal. This is the suspension linkages that is taking strain. There is a lot of flex as well. It's not ideal. I need to build up the hardtail frame that I have in the garage for the trainer. I dont have a fork for it, but I may get a plate, and tube welded up. Or look for a cheap busted 29 fork in the classifieds.

Check for tightness at the QR.

I have my old 26inch MTB on the Kickr, and it creaks like hell when I stand and pedal. This is the suspension linkages that is taking strain. There is a lot of flex as well. It's not ideal. I need to build up the hardtail frame that I have in the garage for the trainer. I dont have a fork for it, but I may get a plate, and tube welded up. Or look for a cheap busted 29 fork in the classifieds.

Thanks, I will check the QR tightness. I have been thinking about experimenting with a couple drops of bike oil where the QR meets the Kikr. My brain says yes, but my gut says “don’t be more stupid than you already are.” [emoji2356]

A cheap fork ain’t gonna do it, I have a road bike [emoji2186] mounted. Thanks for the help.

Thanks, I will check the QR tightness. I have been thinking about experimenting with a couple drops of bike oil where the QR meets the Kikr. My brain says yes, but my gut says “don’t be more stupid than you already are.” [emoji2356]

A cheap fork ain’t gonna do it, I have a road bike [emoji2186] mounted. Thanks for the help.

I've seen a few vids on YouTube where guys service their Kickr's at home- not sure if yours is still under warranty but it seems like a fairly simple task and often a bit of lube/replacement of bearings fixes all probs