Anyone using Zwift?

On a slightly different note - has anyone else used the Runn accessory to upgrade a "dumb" treadmill?

I bought one recently and it was awesome. Easy to install and does what it says on the box. Connected seamlessly to an Ipad.

Had two runs on it now and am really satisfied with my purchase - it even does run cadence which is pretty cool.

Someone on the "Cyclists with a Running Problem" thread have mentioned it. I am really intrigued, might just get one for the winter training months.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a slightly different note - has anyone else used the Runn accessory to upgrade a "dumb" treadmill?

I bought one recently and it was awesome. Easy to install and does what it says on the box. Connected seamlessly to an Ipad.

Had two runs on it now and am really satisfied with my purchase - it even does run cadence which is pretty cool.

I've been toying with the idea of getting one - planted the seed with the Coach, but she isn't biting just yet!

This looks interesting as I have a bottom end treadmill. Wife time now with a Zwift foot pod so will buying this replace it or will it just improve accuracy?

This looks interesting as I have a bottom end treadmill. Wife time now with a Zwift foot pod so will buying this replace it or will it just improve accuracy?

I haven't used a foot pod so I can't really comment on that. I would guess replace. 

I use the RUNN as my treadmill-ipad connection. It gives me speed and cadence. No footpod required.

When I was deciding it was this or the foot pod - I decided on the RUNN because the Mrs and I both use the treadmill and we figured one unit is better than 2. Plus the RUNN is attached to the machine, won't get lost etc.

What is it, can you provide a link

My google skills/ search did not find it

Think you made the correct decision cause wife’s foot pos doesn’t always connect and then it’s a ball ache to get battery out and sync again etc

Think you made the correct decision cause wife’s foot pos doesn’t always connect and then it’s a ball ache to get battery out and sync again etc

That is a pity!

The RUNN has been great. It really was plug'n'play. I'm 4 or 5 runs in and I haven't had a single disruption/drop out yet (or charged the battery).

In other news: I use an old windows laptop with ANT+ dongle for zwift cycling. The RUNN/ipad combo works WAY better. As an android/pc fan that irritates me :-)

Nothing wrong in my books.

The purists would disagree, but I dont care.

I am enjoying Tour De Zwift immensely, as there is a competitive side to it ( they put a position on the screen, which makes it a race, even though it’s not a race. )

3 parts per stage, for 8 weeks is a really cool motivator. Currently the weather in Gauteng is for ducks, and riding indoors not worrying about equipment attrition or killer drivers has been awesome.

Nothing wrong with you, every Tuesday there is an average of 40k to 45k cyclists all riding from around the world, pretty cool to be able to partake in something like that.

Ja, the weird thing is they do NOT put positions up for TdZ running... Which is the way it should be if it's a group ride.

But ja, I'm just out there to improve myself for my RL aims, mostly doing workouts. This morning's TdZ stage was at the back end of a big training block, so just had fun. Nice little group and we sat chatting. Good to have something like that when your legs are tired and I actually need to ride on tired legs.

Edited by SeaBee

I do love the banter, sometimes very active, sometimes quiet. A bit like the hub, where random strangers come together and converse because of a shared interest.

I actually enjoy this Zwift thing, >2hour rides a couple of times a week and I enjoy it; is there something (else) wrong with me?

I really prefer being outside on my bike ....

That said, this morning we got a bit of drizzle on the windscreen driving to the trails. Managed a short loop, then with Maritz playing in the Kuilvoergat this mist gradually turned to a light rain ....

I will have my recovery ride in Zwift this afternoon .... very handy tool !

The Zwift platform goes a long way to making indoor cycling almost fun .... when outdoor is not an option