Anyone using Zwift?

7 was... "fun". :ph34r:

I did it tonight. Realised during the second block that the third block (40s on, 20s off-is) was definitely not going to happen at 100%.

I've been lazy, I have a group ride and four workouts to catch up on.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry - this is a duplicate of a post in another thread that I posted this morning - but I think I might get more help here.... Struggling with ZWIFT on my Mac - is this happening to anyone else?? 

Hi all, 

Looking for some advice here please.  I am trying to use Zwift on my Mac.  Most recently, almost every second day, I am getting an "Internet Connection error - ZLM04".  It ONLY happens on my Mac - I have uninstalled and reinstalled, checked the internet connection, changed the Wifi that the mac connects to.  If I try to connect on the same wifi through my Android phone or Apple - no issues.  

Please can someone give me some troubleshooting advice.  I am about to throw the Mac, or the Zwift out the window as I can't keep fighting with tech at 6:00am just to get a ride in   :blink:

Thanking you all!

Are you getting this error when launching zwift ?  Or does it happen during a ride?  

If you loose connectivity during a ride, all that should happen is you loose all the other riders around you.  But your ride should continue.  

If it happens when you try join I'm guessing a poor wifi connection.   As a test, try move your Mac closer to the wifi router (or vica versa) and launch Zwift a few times to try recreate the error.  If you can't, then most likely wifi signal issue...

F-me.  ZA Tri workout #2.  Looked like a breeze.  It most certainly wasn't.  Probably the hardest ZA workout I have done so far.....

Over/unders - 70.3 intensity/Ironman intensity - 16min repeats x 4

Insert chunder emoji

Hi guys,

I lost my marbles for a few hours back in Sept and decided to do the 160k ride on Zwift. I decided to try use my Garmin at the same time to see if everything matched up plus to get temp statistics etc... Garmin Edge 520 vs Kickr 3 (with spindown done prior to ride).

From the image - it seems like everything is the same except for the distance and ave speed... 

So which one is correct.... Any ideas?

attachicon.gifZwift vs Garmin.JPG

To brag - Zwift

Keeping track of equipment - Garmin

I learnt to live with this huge discrepancy. Nothing I/we can do about it. Zwift's algorithm needs serious work, but I'm pretty certain they're aware. Or they just don't care and stand by their calculations. 

To brag - Zwift

I learnt to live with this huge discrepancy. Nothing I/we can do about it. Zwift's algorithm needs serious work, but I'm pretty certain they're aware. Or they just don't care and stand by their calculations. 

Actually, their algorithms are quite spot on. There are a few extra variables that they can add, but then individual rider info gets too complicated. That said, your trainer setup, individual settings and heat management has a bigger influence on your experience, than their algorithms.

To brag - Zwift

The two will literally never tie up unless it is coincidental and they are not designed to (You might get pretty close if your trainer difficulty is set to 100% and you are not doing a structured workout though).

In Zwift your speed is determined by your power output, your weight, an aerodynamic coefficient that is determined by your height and the frame/wheel combo you are riding and the in-game gradient and is pretty accurate.

Your "Garmin" speed is determined by how fast your trainer is spinning and what your wheel circumference setting is.

If you are doing a structured workout in ERG mode, they two are completely independent since your "Garmin" speed will only depend on your cadence and gear combo while your Zwift speed will be determined by all of the listed factors above.

If your trainer difficulty is <100% then your speeds will also differ since on higher gradients in Zwift, you will be spinning your trainer faster since the apparent grade is lower.

Are you getting this error when launching zwift ?  Or does it happen during a ride?  

If you loose connectivity during a ride, all that should happen is you loose all the other riders around you.  But your ride should continue.  

If it happens when you try join I'm guessing a poor wifi connection.   As a test, try move your Mac closer to the wifi router (or vica versa) and launch Zwift a few times to try recreate the error.  If you can't, then most likely wifi signal issue...

Thanks for the response!  It's when I am actually trying to log on.  My other windows machine connects and the MAC doesn't. I am starting to suspect the poor Mac needs an upgrade, it's a new problem, since I upgraded the OS on the machine.  

Interesting. I’m not sure how I feel about it though yet.

I think we should just let it be. As long as the machines are calibrated, the data isn't manipulated and their weight is correct, it might be interesting.

One could have the same attitude towards those weird disciplines likes trails or urban, that isn't "traditional" cycling either. Or that gymnastic cycling. But I watch that for other reasons.

My feeling is that at the moment they spend too much time developing the game to cater for the pro riders instead of listening to us, the paid user, and fixing the small irritating bugs that has been with us for years. Like how difficult can it be to get the game to exit a ride to the main screen so you can start a new ride, instead of exiting all the way out.

Like how difficult can it be to get the game to exit a ride to the main screen so you can start a new ride, instead of exiting all the way out.

This is one of the most frustrating things...

This is one of the most frustrating things...

Unexplained trainer dropouts during a race or workout, when Rouvy on the same tablet has no issues. (Spindly cyclist) HULK ANGRY!!!!!

Thankfully I got a better graphics card for my PC. Naturally, now that my wife uses the same tablet for Zwift, no dropouts, with the same trainer...

Sorry - this is a duplicate of a post in another thread that I posted this morning - but I think I might get more help here.... Struggling with ZWIFT on my Mac - is this happening to anyone else??

Hi all,

Looking for some advice here please. I am trying to use Zwift on my Mac. Most recently, almost every second day, I am getting an "Internet Connection error - ZLM04". It ONLY happens on my Mac - I have uninstalled and reinstalled, checked the internet connection, changed the Wifi that the mac connects to. If I try to connect on the same wifi through my Android phone or Apple - no issues.

Please can someone give me some troubleshooting advice. I am about to throw the Mac, or the Zwift out the window as I can't keep fighting with tech at 6:00am just to get a ride in :blink:

Thanking you all!

Same thing happened to me on my iPad. Rebooted and was fine after that

Unexplained trainer dropouts during a race or workout, when Rouvy on the same tablet has no issues. (Spindly cyclist) HULK ANGRY!!!!!

Thankfully I got a better graphics card for my PC. Naturally, now that my wife uses the same tablet for Zwift, no dropouts, with the same trainer...

I used Rouvy for the first time in a while yesterday, and had multiple dropouts, whereas Zwift has been working seamlessly.