Willie Smit

FootballingCyclist

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

esp. kuk beer - in fact never a good thing.

When you're chugging beer for short cuts the only important factor is how gassy it is :-)

Fyi, it was played at our Team Launch tonight that was shot by our Team Videographer as an intro to my speach. And if some guys want to have a beer before their fun ride (which was all staged and planned for videos and photos) it's definitely not illegal, dangerous or going to ruin their careers. I truly don't know in what fantasy some people live.

In what fantasy do you live that you think it's acceptable to run stop signs and traffic lights, ride multiple abreast etc?

I saw many many cyclist drinking the tequila shots on this year's 94.7 race.

Why don't you guys start with those guys

(I'm not saying I' also drank a few or that I did not)

Exactly and why not complain about the Mtb races as 80% of them have beer or wine at the water points. FFS the guy was getting married it was his stag party you can't tell none of you did any drinking in public on your stag

Hope some actually made the effort of reading my description in the video. Also Ironically enough if John's not allowed to Toutch or drink Alcohol, were we really drinking alcohol and then posting it on Social media ... Have a good Christmas everyone and remember, ride your bike ;) Oh yes my Wedding vlogs up next. Remember to troll and make me famous!

Imagine if I did actually drink alcohol - would make Hangover seem like a kids party.

Anyway, I won the best female cyclist for 2018 that evening and I’m proud.

All the stag parties I have been to had a no camera, no cellphone, dont tell your mommy unwritten policy...

Congrats on your marriage Smurfy!

All the stag parties I have been to had a no camera, no cellphone, dont tell your mommy unwritten policy...

Congrats on your marriage Smurfy!

Pre wedding ride, the bachelors was the Sunday after DC

It glorifies bad behavior.

Like I said, I'm sure it was fun and super rad to do, but the video glorifies drinking and riding and skipping stop signs and makes it cool.

I only watched the vlog because it was posted on here. I don't spend my time watching things on the internet.

I think most of what people post on social media is a load of absolute rubbish. It has created a world of 'look at me's' and in return people who do things for attention instead of themselves.

Blogs, vlogs etc are generally what people used to write in their diaries but now feel the need to share with the world.

Again, I'm sure Willie is an awesome guy, but just like rappers snorting cocaine off the butts of their 'hoes' and other rappers vilifying the behavior, it sets a rubbish example.

If you enjoy watching a bunch of guys drinking and riding on public roads and think it's funny or 'cool' then it's an issue.

The problem is, teenage kids will watch this and think, that looks rad. They do not have the knowledge or self restraint to only have '1 beer' and 'a couple' of shots before and during riding. They will likely get hammered drunk and if enough kids see and do that, law of averages say it will end badly.

I'm more saying that posting the video is not a good example. Why not just drink some beer, do some jaegermeister and go riding round the farm and not feel the need to post a video of it? That way Willie doesn't get called names but he still had just as much fun.

I'm over it now. I honestly have no vested interest in this and I think it has already taken up too much of my time.

That and I'm just a massive loser with a broom up my arse.

And a real pain.Pity you wasted so much of your valuable time preaching 

It glorifies bad behavior.

Like I said, I'm sure it was fun and super rad to do, but the video glorifies drinking and riding and skipping stop signs and makes it cool.

I only watched the vlog because it was posted on here. I don't spend my time watching things on the internet.

I think most of what people post on social media is a load of absolute rubbish. It has created a world of 'look at me's' and in return people who do things for attention instead of themselves.

Blogs, vlogs etc are generally what people used to write in their diaries but now feel the need to share with the world.

Again, I'm sure Willie is an awesome guy, but just like rappers snorting cocaine off the butts of their 'hoes' and other rappers vilifying the behavior, it sets a rubbish example.

If you enjoy watching a bunch of guys drinking and riding on public roads and think it's funny or 'cool' then it's an issue.

The problem is, teenage kids will watch this and think, that looks rad. They do not have the knowledge or self restraint to only have '1 beer' and 'a couple' of shots before and during riding. They will likely get hammered drunk and if enough kids see and do that, law of averages say it will end badly.

I'm more saying that posting the video is not a good example. Why not just drink some beer, do some jaegermeister and go riding round the farm and not feel the need to post a video of it? That way Willie doesn't get called names but he still had just as much fun.

I'm over it now. I honestly have no vested interest in this and I think it has already taken up too much of my time.

That and I'm just a massive loser with a broom up my arse.

Although I can completely understand the point you are trying to make.

People also need to take responsibility for their own actions at some point.

I drew the line somewhere between playing Call of Duty and other violent video games and going out and shooting up a school.

We need to stop blaming others for our own poor choices in life.

I am more concerned about an athlete trying to break into major ranks, but not taking the opportunities he has, seriously.

There have been sports careers flushed down the drain with lesser extreme behaviours.

I truly hope his sponsors doesn't react to this self-inflicted exposé

Willie, how dare you??!!

No other hubber has ever rolled through a stop sign and not stopped dead!! We all stop dead, unclip and then we move!! No other hubber has ever gotten onto their bike legally over the limit be it the same day or the morning after consumption. No other hubber has ever ridden more than 2 abreast with support vehicles around. No other hubber has ever broken any law!! How dare you Willie because now all our kids are going to wake up and 1st have shots before they go out and ride their bikes, How dare you!!

Edited by FootballingCyclist

I am more concerned about an athlete trying to break into major ranks, but not taking the opportunities he has, seriously.

There have been sports careers flushed down the drain with lesser extreme behaviours.

I truly hope his sponsors doesn't react to this self-inflicted exposé

If you read his response, the video was played at the Katusha Alpecin team unveiling.

Willie, how dare you??!!

No other hubber has ever rolled through a stop  .......

And no other hubber has had it posted or posted it on social media  .... 

(You complete it)