Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really need to get a handle on how quotes work around here, this thread is long enough as is...

ha ha, but hey when you're an double digit poster and trying to get taken seriously, a few finger slips will get you some cred quicker!

What are you 

Please learn how to reply in the s

Please learn how to reply in the same block as the quoted text, instead of in a different post... 

ame block as the quoted text, instead of in a different post... 

Please lea

Please learn how to reply in the 

Please learn how to reply in the same block as the quoted text, instead of in a different post... 

same block as the quoted text, instead of in a different post... 

rn how to reply in the same block as the quoted text, instead of in a different post... 

trying to 

Ple

ase learn how to reply in the same block as the quoted text, instead of in a different post... 

say?

Please learn how to reply in the same block as the quoted text, instead of in a 

Good going! You're almost there. 

Quick tip. 

Reply ---> type under quoted text, after

---> Post / Reply

I agree totally they should also be anti that guy riding his 8 kg scott that few other people can afford. An advantage stays that doesn’t matter how you look at it.

That Scott still doesn't have a motor, besides the fleshy one driving it from the saddle.

EBikes in races are a non-starter (heh) - they should be totally separate, as you have also pointed out, and unless you've got a medical condition that inhibits your cycling on a normal bike, entering a race on an e-bike is kinda non-sensical, in my opinion. Except in environments like Enduro, when the ups aren't timed. But even there, there's a time limit and start time for each stage that require you to be at a certain level of fitness to be able to enter. 

They (Enduro guys) are thinking of ways to allow e-bikes to enter Enduro races tailored JUST for them. IMO it'd be great, if the distances were lengthened to allow for a constant 20kph plus avg climbing speed. Racing non-ebikers on the same course, though.... that's just silly. Again, in my opinion, but I've yet to see a compelling argument for allowing them in the same field / race except for those who legitimately require mechanical assistance. 

E-Bikes are great tools for getting extra laps in, and allowing those who suffer from maladies such downduroism or downcountryness to do more of what they enjoy. 

You, however, seem hell bent on pushing your view across regardless of what other people have to say.  

I regard myself as a rational person, high in empathy for others, willing to see multiple perspectives on a variety of issues, not prone to snap judgements or unreasonable prejudices ...

But when I see someone cresting chappies on his ebike an automatic involuntary piece of bigotry escapes my lips ....

"Pussy" I mutter into my beard.

With that in mind can I entice you to look at my strava data.

Why would we would want to look at your strava, it's not as if you have ridden it yourself as all your rides are ebike assisted!!