Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm holding my money until the motor powered penny farthing gets the green light. Monster truck of note on the trails. 

article-1277070705482-0a1e1766000005dc-5

Hmmmmm... just last week, coincidence? I think not!

Mark Beaumont beats 127-year-old Penny Farthing record

Scots cyclist Mark Beaumont rode 21.92 miles (35.3km) in an hour on the vintage-style bike to beat the 127-year-old British record at Herne Hill Velodrome.

But the Scottish cyclist was 290 yards short of the world record of 22 miles and 150 yards.

Mark holds the record for cycling around the world, which he did in 2017 in 79 days, 44 fewer than the previous record

that is a very good commuter solution for the "last mile" commute.....if it catches on and is priced right, it could really open up public transport to a larger spectrum of users.

Absolutely, but keep them out of races! ;)

Absolutely, but keep them out of races! ;)

Was hoping to race one at one of these events!

6IuntRF-_400x400.jpg

Was hoping to race one at one of these events!

6IuntRF-_400x400.jpg

incase you are wondering what this is 

On the subject of e-bikes, Specialized had this motorcross wannabe concept bike out front of their booth. The bike is a concept that Robert Egger created and he really wanted to utilize the Levo technology in a bike that resembled a motorbike (Egger is a big moto fan). It's safe to say he succeeded, even going as far as adjusting wheel and tire size to represent the differences seen on an MX bike. 

specialized-egger-concept-sea-otter-2104

• 2 weeks later...

Look carefully when some passes you on an Orbea.Could well be a eBike :whistling: :eek:

36327366_494017634354746_521886453145062

36420560_494017684354741_892829769903636

That thing on the top tube is a little cubbyhole, where they can store their testes.

That thing on the top tube is a little cubbyhole, where they can store their testes.

You can't believe how big the ebike industry is over here at the moment.Shops opening all over just selling Ebikes.It's like the craze for kiddies quad bikes a few years back.I have seen where they are useful but still don't belong on the trails or in races.

You can't believe how big the ebike industry is over here at the moment.Shops opening all over just selling Ebikes.It's like the craze for kiddies quad bikes a few years back.I have seen where they are useful but still don't belong on the trails or in races.

just like when fat bikes were the thing to have ?