Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

Are they available in SA? I've only ever seen the Levos here... If I were to get an e-bike that would be top of my list too. Some 2.8" Butcher tyres and coil suspension front and rear mmmmm :)

Nope.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a disturbing thought - anyone want to hazard a guess at how long it will be before a normal mountain bike race will be called an "unplugged" race?

With my current view of the human race probably not too long...

Melodramatic Eldron is seriously concerned that this is the future of our species: 

Just had a disturbing thought - anyone want to hazard a guess at how long it will be before a normal mountain bike race will be called an "unplugged" race?

Melodramatic Eldron is seriously concerned that this is the future of our species: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy0DDuf8fYw

I did the CE unplugged

#soundscool????

Melodramatic Eldron is seriously concerned that this is the future of our species: 

Nah, but Self Driving E-Bikes maybe.........

Melodramatic Eldron is seriously concerned that this is the future of our

It's not called "Die MensDOM" for nothing, 

Well that settles that, a Turbo Levo with a Fox 49 - that makes sense. But let's be honest... that's as close as you get to an MX bike without getting an MX bike. Maybe I should just buy a KLX450 again.

On a serious note, one thing that he mentioned which rings very true for me is this....

"Embrace it as an entirely new sport."

That is the core of this argument, most people are cool with e-bikes as long as they are not raced with normal bikes. If we embrace it as a new sport amentirely it makes that whole argument null and void because tennis and squash is not played on the same court, neither is rugby and football. So by that logic e-bikes and mtbs certainly should not be raced together. Now, I'm not gonna go as far as to say they don't belong on he se trails because trail runners and mtbers have been sharing trails in harmony (mostly), so the same can be done with mtbs and e-bikes. Hell, if it is seen as a different sport alltogether I might be able to put my shame aside and buy myself a bad-ass levo with a DH fork - makes me all tingly just thinking about it!!

Well that settles that, a Turbo Levo with a Fox 49 - that makes sense. But let's be honest... that's as close as you get to an MX bike without getting an MX bike. Maybe I should just buy a KLX450 again.

Ja not sure why mess with why bicycles became motorcycles anyway. Go for an Alta and do it properly.  :devil:

Melodramatic Eldron is seriously concerned that this is the future of our species: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy0DDuf8fYw

'Mellow' and 'dramatic' are the 'ups' and 'downs' of e-biking. You should buy one, you know you want to...