Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

Is there an abridged version of this e-bike comedy fest?

Yip..

-No E-bikes for races/events etc (unless they have a specific group that starts a day after the rest of the field)

-Those with or  who've ridden E-bikes, like,condone and see a place for them....and are easily identifiable from the permanent huge grin. 

-Those who don't like them, don't just not like them... they make sure the world's aware they don't like them and go on and on and on and on and on about the fact......... and on...and on ....and on......

and on.....and on.... :P

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah so pretty much status quo. Fear of physics maths and the unknown.

You know in the 1990's my parents feared computers would make them obsolete and they both retired from their jobs

Edited by DieselnDust

Ah so pretty much status quo. Fear of physics maths and the unknown.

You know in the 1990's my parents feared computers would make them obsolete and they both retired from their jobs

you mean they kicked you out the house?

Yip..

-No E-bikes for races/events etc (unless they have a specific group that starts a day after the rest of the field)

-Those with or  who've ridden E-bikes, like,condone and see a place for them....and are easily identifiable from the permanent huge grin. 

-Those who don't like them, don't just not like them... they make sure the world's aware they don't like them and go on and on and on and on and on about the fact......... and on...and on ....and on......

and on.....and on.... :P

I have yet to find a poker player that would not prefer having four extra aces up his sleeve at any one time.  Obviously his fellow card players would not be so happy about it.......

I have yet to find a poker player that would not prefer having four extra aces up his sleeve at any one time.  Obviously his fellow card players would not be so happy about it.......

If said poker player was cheating, the unhappiness of his fellow players would be justified and said poker player should be taken to gallows.

If not, his fellow card players deserve their unhappiness.

If said poker player was cheating, the unhappiness of his fellow players would be justified and said poker player should be taken to gallows.

If not, his fellow card players deserve their unhappiness.

Motor versus legs = cheating. 

I thought we had solved this? Ebike on trails no worries - ebikes in races is cheating....

I thought we had solved this? Ebike on trails no worries - ebikes in races is cheating....

Concurred....

indeed.... I thought we had hence...

"If said poker player was cheating, the unhappiness of his fellow players would be justified and said poker player should be taken to gallows"

The Hub very rarely ever solve anything.  :devil:   

To the contrary, most things goes on ad infinitum. .  :whistling:

Edited by IH8MUD

The Hub very rarely ever solve anything.  :devil:   

To the contrary, most things goes on ad infinitum. .  :whistling:

if it did, no popcorn.. no fun.

there was that one time something was solved .... I think.

For races the UCI / CSA / OC pretty much la down the law here so ain;t no body gonna be getting provincial or national colours riding an e-bike.

Fun rides on the other hand....

Long route? Severely challenged for range unless you modify the bike with bigger batteries

Short routes.....Who really cares? These are family events anyways. Let em ride!!

Does the e-bike campaign have a flag or something official for use during protests?

For races the UCI / CSA / OC pretty much la down the law here so ain;t no body gonna be getting provincial or national colours riding an e-bike.

Fun rides on the other hand....

Long route? Severely challenged for range unless you modify the bike with bigger batteries

Short routes.....Who really cares? These are family events anyways. Let em ride!!

Does the e-bike campaign have a flag or something official for use during protests?

Most of the "short races" are CSA sanctioned too so no e-bikes.

That said - egos are funny things. Regardless of short/long/hard/easy I'd be a bit miff if someone with a motor beat me in a race. Fitness levels vary dramatically in riding and everybody is trying to beat someone/something. Ebikes remove the human aspect from what is a very human oriented sport.

I am STILL baffled that (medical reasons aside) someone would want to use their ebike in a short race. Most of the short races are easily doable using your own legs - they're the starting point for people wanting to get fitter and stronger. Hell - most races have 3 distances - if you can't make the shortest distance then maybe bicycle racing is not for you.

Damnit. I told myself I wasn't going to visit this thread any more  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: