Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

From what I’ve seen some of the more serious ebike mtbkers have good skills, it’s not necessarily easier to ride a faster bike. Will be interesting to see how technical the course will be and if the gradients are harder than normal.

Yeah, I am not sure a dude on a ebike will beat Nino Shruter... 

It will be a different kind of crazies.. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help thinking this is going to go the same way as F1. 

With rule constraints on like weight and power , then clever engineering to get the edge,  and then new revised rules to get stuff in check again,  and then more engineering and then new revised rules and so on and so on and so on.  . . . 

How many pit stops for each rider would be allowed?  :ph34r:

or even internalcombustionhub

technically speaking their is a Motorcycling thread on the hub, but it is seen for what it is ... a motorbike thread and not a bicycle thread :P

I see ebikes will be allowed to race on the 40km distance at this year's 

Norco WTF MTB Challenge 2018 in November.

I'll be entering the 40km - they'd better not be shouting "track" at me from an ebike...

Edited by wiledog_x

if one takes the term "piss on your battery" literally in these instances, would it be bad form?

There is only one way to find out, but my gut feel is that it will not be bad form and will be appreciated by all but the ebike rider.

Am I the only one who thinks serious pro's on e-bikes going moer fast through A conventional XCO track will be pretty damn cool ?

** STILL NOT A fan of ebikes in general , the above idea just seems like A entertaining spectacle 

Am I the only one who thinks serious pro's on e-bikes going moer fast through A conventional XCO track will be pretty damn cool ?

** STILL NOT A fan of ebikes in general , the above idea just seems like A entertaining spectacle

A dedicated series would be super cool - however I think the general concern in this thread is that they are being allowed to run concurrently in normal events

fair comment ( on the topic of the uci arranging official E-bike events next year with the rule change ) , I know I said I like the idea of these events but maybe we are pushing it 

post-46013-0-20768500-1538506361_thumb.jpg

engineers build it ... people RACE is ....

that is just the cycle of life !

from tractors to lawn movers to trucks to cars to bakkies to toy RC cars etc etc 

Did my first MTB event this past weekend in more than a year - and was surprised to notice how many top end ebikes there were.

What I noticed/learned:

• Don't follow the pace of a pack of e bikes on flat/flowing single track - they are not tired when the hills arrive.
  • They are handy to have 1-2 minutes in front of you in a MTB HASH - they can get lost on the paper crumbs trail and inform you on the way back.
  • Once or twice it is scary how fast/silent they can pass you on an uphill. Accidents will happen.