Statement regarding cancellation of the 40th Cape Town Cycle Tour from David Bellairs

News bot

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The City were surveying and engaging with the community to see who would be willing to be relocated to have more space available. It started a while ago. These "settlements" are highly dynamic and its quite a mission once people have settled to then go in and do grids and blocks with better access. Their hand has now been forced but they still need community buy in to layout access roads and firebreaks. Some people will

be displaced and where do they stay once the work starts? Its not easy. Its about 2 months that the folks staying would have to live in limbo before rebuilding.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

and what happened just seemed to accelerate the process.

This is very cool footage. Makes me wish 2 things that we'd been able to ride and that i was faster. These elite okes move it to prove it !

That was the 2nd bunch 6:20 start on the right.

But yes into a gale force SE they were moving it - I suspect the Elite a bit faster. I had an avg of over 30Km/H from the 3rd group off to the 20km mark - about what I do in training (a bit faster) - but on a circular route.

As for the Tim Brink comment I sent a PM. I await for a PM reply. Tim is I believe a  journalist so don’t expect a reply and don’t have much faith in the honesty of journalist.

Some cool video footage from Sunday:

FFS the wind was not that bad out there on the blue route! We all could have rode that.

But I have found the real reason why they stopped it.

post-38519-0-52001100-1489644675_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-94843300-1489644684_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-29921300-1489644693_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-31577200-1489644701_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-54778600-1489644709_thumb.jpg

Illuminati confirmed!

post-38519-0-38811100-1489644728_thumb.png

That was the 2nd bunch 6:20 start on the right.

But yes into a gale force SE they were moving it - I suspect the Elite a bit faster. I had an avg of over 30Km/H from the 3rd group off to the 20km mark - about what I do in training (a bit faster) - but on a circular route.

As for the Tim Brink comment I sent a PM. I await for a PM reply.

agree, i started my garmin at the start mats and registered 32.8km/h average until we got stopped.

Wow...what a stunning day today......since Sunday we had wind and rain....and today is Sub3 weather. ...

:whistling:

Now this guy is a special kind of stupid...

The Congress of South African Trade Unions (Cosatu) has on Tuesday blamed Western Cape Mayor Patricia De Lille for the deadly Hout Bay Fire.

“The extent of the damages that happened during the Hout Bay fire could have been avoided if the Cape Town City leaders had applied due care and diligence to the situation.

“The leaders could have timeously intervened to ensure that overcrowding was minimised in order to be able to provide emergency services,” Cosatu spokesperson Sizwe Pamla said in a statement.

According to the organisation, the City has not done this because they claim to not have money, yet they spend millions of rands on bicycle races for the wealthy.’

“The people who take part in the bicycle races have bicycles worth R10 000 and sunglasses of R1000, yet the City of Cape Town still gives each one of them nearly R500 to participate.

“The directors of the bicycle events earn R100 000 to work on the event. But poor people’s money is used to support the wealthy elites,” Pamla said.

Cosatu said the City also took the fire fighting staff off duty because they wanted to have more emergency personnel to look after the cyclist.

“The City of Cape Town then added an insult to injury by taking the old supplies that were not used at the event, most of it that was left in the sun whole day and gave it to the people of Hout Bay,who lost everything as some grand gesture.

“The City has waged a war against the poorer people of Hout Bay from the Days of Zille ,who ordered Metro Police to shoot and maim people who wanted to defend their homes. Their agenda at that time was to move people out of the Hout Bay area. This is the same strategy that the ancestors of Zille used to get black people out of Sea Point. The City has through their criminal neglect shown no regard for  the lives of black people whom they label as refugees,” said Cosatu.

The organisation is calling on the Human Rights Commission to investigate the City for allowing the crisis to happen, by not providing proper housing and by not deploying finances to urgent areas, but giving it to mainly “wealthy white people playing games on bicycles. Also for giving people the off cuts of the Cycle tour catering, some of which was not suitable for consumption the next day.”

“The fire in Hout Bay was nothing but a crisis and Cosatu sends its heartfelt condolences to the unfortunate residences, who lost their lives, limb and livelihoods.”

-Mandisa Magwaza

“The people who take part in the bicycle races have bicycles worth R10 000 and sunglasses of R1000, yet the City of Cape Town still gives each one of them nearly R500 to participate."

Yip, not only that - they spent it in bicycle shops and created jobs, also spent it at hotels and created jobs, also spent at restaurants and created jobs ... You should really thank these super stars of the community ... but alas - these elites can do nothing good ... except ride their expensive bikes ...

Although I am not sure of the R500 to participate - I never received such an incentive ... maybe I used the wrong web site ? Where is this R500 ?

The...snip...

“The people who take part in the bicycle races have bicycles worth R10 000 and sunglasses of R1000, yet the City of Cape Town still gives each one of them nearly R500 to participate....snip

anybody knows about this? :ph34r:

The sad thing is when those "leaders" speak, the people listening usually believe them...

They might need to understand the numbers ...

so lets say 35,000 cyclists and lets just say 40% are from different provinces ..

14,000 and lets say 7000 have friends and family to stay with ..

and the other 7000 need to book in somewhere ...

and lets say its R750 per night ...

thats over 5 million rand made in a weekend for the region on accommodation ...

...and then my stats on the numbers are off - but if someone knows them - we can quickly calculate closer to the  actual ...

but that would be a waste of time .. its a political agenda .. rather than an actual benefit ...

Wont surprise me if last years "Argus" was the last one without protest action.

Hate what this country has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Cois

“The people who take part in the bicycle races have bicycles worth R10 000 and sunglasses of R1000, yet the City of Cape Town still gives each one of them nearly R500 to participate.

Struggle accounting at play, cant tell an expense from an income.