For those that have explored the trails...

If you could only ride one route in the park, which would it be. #timelimit

why would you go all the way there and only ride one?

When you've ridden one, I guarantee you you will want to ride the rest.

why would you go all the way there and only ride one?

When you've ridden one, I guarantee you you will want to ride the rest.

#timelimit :P

But, having looked at the route distances and gains, I should be able to manage all of them in a morning.

If you DON't manage them all in a morning, you should rather stay home...lol.

Jokes aside, that trail is just insane, and I challenge you to try NOT ride all the bits when you are there. I swear GRTP comes as close to MTB drugs as probably possible, if there ever was such a thing.

I remember on my first time there doing these endless loops and finding bits that I have been on earlier, and then bombing down them cause they were "somewhat familiar"...I clipped a tree on one of those loops, and very nearly ended up at the bottom of some ravine. Take it easy, and take someone...

Go have F U N, like you ain't never had before.

If you DON't manage them all in a morning, you should rather stay home...lol.

Jokes aside, that trail is just insane, and I challenge you to try NOT ride all the bits when you are there. I swear GRTP comes as close to MTB drugs as probably possible, if there ever was such a thing.

I remember on my first time there doing these endless loops and finding bits that I have been on earlier, and then bombing down them cause they were "somewhat familiar"...I clipped a tree on one of those loops, and very nearly ended up at the bottom of some ravine. Take it easy, and take someone...

Go have F U N, like you ain't never had before.

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

You can thank me later.

The yellow & blue trails loop over themselves. so you'll ride the first bit of the blue an come to a small bridge where you cross the end of the blue trail. hang a left there and ride to the exit of the blue at the road. There you hang a right. ride up the hill for about 70m to the trailhead of the yellow. Drop into yellow. Yeeeeeeeeee. and when you get to the trail crossing bridge on the yellow you take the trail exit. From there you head toward G Flow.

Perfect pre breakfast warm up.

G flow is buggered. Was there 2 weeks ago for my first time. Overgrown and gone for a ball a poop and thorns... Got about 200m down and then realized, hmmm maybe this trail is closed. (Was no signage at the road crossing entrance)

Apparently plans to redo it...

Would be cool if there was group ride anytime. Anyone know of rides happening here? Id love to ride it but i ride alone so might get lost.

Edited by kader01

Would be cool if there was group ride anytime. Anyone know of rides happening here? Id love to ride it but i ride alone so might get lost.

Nah, you won't get uncontrollably lost, but maybe in a good way... :drool:

These trails are very well marked and loop over and across each other so often you will soon figure out which way is up.

For those that have explored the trails...

If you could only ride one route in the park, which would it be. #timelimit

The new Mountain Mania(I think that's the name) trail up the mountain and back down through the G-Flow trail.

Why is this place so far away from CT?

Cause that's where the forest is...and without the forest, it won't be the same. But ja, would it not be lekker to hop in the car, even for a quick hour drive to get there, instead of having to mission there for a long trip out. 

But then, all the more reason to go in the first place... :clap:

I've ridden this place about 4 times and agree with you all. Its crazy. I really enjoy how one can carry a good amount of speed through most of the lines. Also the jumps and berms are a breath of fresh air compared to many of the trails around Cape Town which are not built for ripping..These trials inspire the inner shredder to come out.

As a word of warning, it gets very hot and humid in there and since what goes down must come back up, prepare to sweat a whole lot going up the technical climbs out of the ravines on sunny summer days.

My favourite trails are:

Short drop line with decent sized table top jumps and berms

Yellow pumping smaller version of above.

The new Mountain mania.. No Jumps (at least when I rode it) see video below evidence of the property I bought halfway down. Its a 10 minute leg burner that will blow your mind. The climb up there is pretty nasty though.

Here's a clip that Fellow Hubber "Nox" took of us riding the new line. "#Mountainmania" in January. It was very wet this day so slightly sketch but unbelievably fun you can pretty much go as fast as your nerves allow you to go.

• 3 weeks later...

A few mates and I with our families had the privilege to stay in the GRTP cottage over Easter. What a blast! I've done some of the trails on previous weekends, but this time we had the whole Easter to indulge in what could only be described as Mountain Bike Nirvana. The new Mountain Mania blew my mind into smithereens. So much flow! Jungle Fever got almost as much airtime and Forest frenzy, Lunacy lane and Mad cows was mixed and matched throughout. The pump track was a hit with my 32 month old son and it was awesome to see how his skills progressed with just a few visits to the pump track.

The house itself sleeps 8 with 3 bedrooms and a loft. The stoep and living areas are comfortable and you don't really miss the finer things like microwaves at all. The house runs on solar and gas and is towards the top end of jungle fever. It was awesome just to be able to drop into the trails whenever we felt like a quick ride. It will become an annual pilgrimage for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It sounds crazy but this is the closest I've come to an Alpine experience in SA. The house being at the trailhead is amazing.

To those that haven't been and live in CT.

1. Get 7 mates together

2. Take the Friday off

3. Drive up early Friday morning.

4. Ride Friday Arvo, Whole of Saturday, Sunday morning

5. Back Sunday arvo.

You'll be in for 1k (ish) each.

Love this guy for his pure enthusiasm... whether it's a bike, a trail or an MRP insert! 

Edited by hellocolour