Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard on the GCN Show now that Tony Martin is off to Lotto NL Jumbo. 

Not sure if it's confirmed but it is an interesting move.

Edited by philip.maree

Nicholas Roche to Sunweb and the two Izaguirre brothers from Bahrain Merida to Astana.

Strong word is that Cav' isn't going to get a renewal from DD. With it being so late in the season, budgets accounted for, the time it takes to get a train set up and current illness troubles hanging over then who is willing to take a bit of a gamble and pick him (and the riders / staff that come with him) up. 

If he can get cleared from the EB illness you know he'll put in a solid winter of training and go do six days etc to come out ready like he did in before and klapped it but he is getting older and the top speed isn't there by his own admission but he does come with sponsor $$$. 

Strong word is that Cav' isn't going to get a renewal from DD. With it being so late in the season, budgets accounted for, the time it takes to get a train set up and current illness troubles hanging over then who is willing to take a bit of a gamble and pick him (and the riders / staff that come with him) up. 

If he can get cleared from the EB illness you know he'll put in a solid winter of training and go do six days etc to come out ready like he did in before and klapped it but he is getting older and the top speed isn't there by his own admission but he does come with sponsor $$$. 

Hate to say it, but he is past his peak and the days of the HTC sprint train will never happen again. I wonder if he could drop his ego/salary enough to act as a mentor to a young sprinter/team. I'm thinking groenewagen/gavirria.

30x stage Tour de France  ('16, '15, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08)
15x stage Giro d'Italia  ('13, '12, '11, '09, '08)

I see No mention of the fact that DD has resigned Edvald Boassen Hagen, Reinhardt and Ben King(now confirmed) , Their classics squad looking stronger if Scott Twaites gets back to form and sign on they should have a better year next year.

DD building a strong classics squad. Hopefully Reinhardt can take over from Cav. He has the potential. Some interesting youngsters as well. Could be a good year next year. Just wish Louis could come right.

Time to get rid of Cummings. He is useless.

And Ashley signs with Waow.. who will merge next year and become the ladies CCC team..

Which means she will be riding with Vos..

Fianally Ash will have a strong team behind her and some support.