WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

Noted Hub posts articles and press releases sent to them: 

We have to put up with "CSA ruling on disc brakes" nonsense then they should also post the article about CSA unlawful acts.

Edit - Know how it works now.

Edited by Pure Savage

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also - anyone find it strange how this article on CSA has not been splashed up as an article on the hub like every other muttering the CSA blurts out? Should be consistent? If we have to put up with "CSA ruling on disc brakes" nonsense then they should also post the article about CSA unlawful acts.

Unless this is a general press release that we missed out on, it is not good form to simply republish another website's content.

Unless this is a general press release that we missed out on, it is not good form to simply republish another website's content.

Valid point, must agree.

Out of interest, is there a relationship between CSA and BikeHub?

Valid point, I guess CSA probably not going to send out a press release on their reportable irregularity. They have bigger things to worry about, like those pesky disc brakes at the Jock.

Valid point, I guess CSA probably not going to send out a press release on their reportable irregularity. They have bigger things to worry about, like those pesky disc brakes at the Jock.

How long before you can get back on the bike?  Sounds like you need a bike ride :)

Interesting that despite the tough times according to CSA, PPA are still cash flush.

Perhaps that's why the CSA tried to gate crash the Argus a few years ago and tried to fleece them for day licenses.

Perhaps that's why the CSA tried to gate crash the Argus a few years ago and tried to fleece them for day licenses.

Not sticking up for CSA in any way, but that was the same as the Disk brake issue. It is a UCI ruling that they have to enforce as a member. Argus not a sanctioned event at the time and UCI ruled that licensed riders may not take part in non-sanctioned events.

Same as disk brakes. Until UCI sanctions them for all races then CSA must enforce the same rule at local events.

Interesting read.

So if they retain those members of staff, but cannot service their monthly expenses, how will that work?

A couple sits down to have a talk seeing as they're not getting out with their money each month. The conclusion they come to is to spend more money. 

A couple sits down to have a talk seeing as they're not getting out with their money each month. The conclusion they come to is to spend more money.

Hoping for a (government) bailout?

Plenty riding disc brakes at the Jock Classic yesterday, CSA also in attendance

Same as disk brakes. Until UCI sanctions them for all races then CSA must enforce the same rule at local events.

Veering off topic but interesting read on this here. On my understanding of the article, national associations (well the USA at least) can make a decision on disc brakes and are not simply bound to follow orders from above.