E-bike Strava chasers

Quagga

By the time I see the rides they have been flagged,  :eek:  I have no chance at KOM's so it is not mine he takes.... Ihave just been watching the soapie from the side while reading the comments.

Ja, I think a lot of peeved riders are on him like a bad rash. I see his KOM list is empty. At this stage it's probably some sort of achievement if you can get to flag one of his rides.

I certainly am also not the proud owner of any KOMs, bar the one in my driveway. ^_^

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, I think a lot of peeved riders are on him like a bad rash. I see his KOM list is empty. At this stage it's probably some sort of achievement if you can get to flag one of his rides.

I certainly am also not the proud owner of any KOMs, bar the one in my driveway. ^_^

I'm not on Strava - isn't there a central contact point at Strava you can report him to and have his account banned or something similar?

I'm not on Strava - isn't there a central contact point at Strava you can report him to and have his account banned or something similar?

Yes...I have reported many an e-bike and moto-X KOM thieves... unfortunately there are more and more of them.

Strava has every time so far removed the person from the lists and KOM given back to the rightfull.

If a person has this little regards for rules on a Strava and this arrogant in his comments.

How much care will he have when working on my bike? 

Shortcuts/Cheats will be Taken/Done...

And may I point out an irony?

Imagine he actually, somewhere in the future achieve an honest KOM...Yes, doubtful, but just saying.

But there is a new sport in town it seems.

I wonder what your head / face looks like after an 81kph OTB with only a trail helmet on.

Good thing he's not a father...

I wonder what your head / face looks like after an 81kph OTB with only a trail helmet on.

Good thing he's not a father...

I'm more surprised the 81kph hasn't resurrected the 'should ebikes be allowed on the mountain' thread. Watt watt...

Off topic:

When does an e-bike become something that one would need a licence for? Some of the e-bikes I've seen around seem to be quite fast and often ridden by someone not wearing a helmet.

Seen a e-bike for sale on olx..it really doesn't look attractive or safe at all. Dont know why anyone would want one when there are better alternatives.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

some of the top brands do e bikes.

Guys like giant, specialized and trek to name a few.

Nothing wrong with looks or safety.

average person looking would not know its an e bike aside for the motor around the crank area

and even that doesn't stand out at all

check this one out for example

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/293112-specialized-turbo-levo-e-bike/

Edited by rorydewet

His justification:

Jaco Veldsman Haha, Kevin Eltigre Taljaard, ek stem heeltemal saam. Ek het my heartrate strap verloor, so ek voel asof al my ander rides ook op n ebike was! 1f609.png ;) Maar jislaaik, die manne raak kwaad. Al wat ek try doen is om soveel moontlike stats te kry om te vergelyk tussen dieselfde segments op Strava sonder en dan met die kit. Ongelukkig is dit die enigste manier. So in plaas dat die ouens net die rides "flag", raak hulle heel omosioneel.

I only saw this now....why does he not just mark his rides as E-bike rides and then he can still have all this data that he want to collect?

I only saw this now....why does he not just mark his rides as E-bike rides and then he can still have all this data that he want to collect?

I think he said on another place that if you mark it as an e-bike ride it doesn't show your time on segments....

I feel bad for saying this but from his comments on FB he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed... At least initially he was just ignorant about taking KOM's with his e-bike but when it was pointed out to him he became "hardegat".

Off topic:

When does an e-bike become something that one would need a licence for? Some of the e-bikes I've seen around seem to be quite fast and often ridden by someone not wearing a helmet.

I think I read that New York or some city in the states has 'banned' then for now until they can come up with a way to police and licence the bikes as they are a bit nippier than a normal bicycle...

I think he said on another place that if you mark it as an e-bike ride it doesn't show your time on segments....

I feel bad for saying this but from his comments on FB he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed... At least initially he was just ignorant about taking KOM's with his e-bike but when it was pointed out to him he became "hardegat".

This

This

For sure, you can mark activities as E-Bike and still compare YOUR own rides. No need to be on leaderboards. I think that untill now we Thought he as not the sharpest, after this statement we KNOW.

Edited by Quagga