[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

I chatted to a mate around who is working at the Expo at around 18:00 yesterday and they said it was VEEEEEERY QUIET compared to Thursday last year. I guess the SMS warning people to stay away worked - it did have a slighty panicked tone when they said "Please avoid coming to the Expo today..." Some jitters from the organizers perhaps - I can imagine there is plenty of pressure this year to deliver.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I chatted to a mate around who is working at the Expo at around 18:00 yesterday and they said it was VEEEEEERY QUIET compared to Thursday last year. I guess the SMS warning people to stay away worked - it did have a slighty panicked tone when they said "Please avoid coming to the Expo today..." Some jitters from the organizers perhaps - I can imagine there is plenty of pressure this year to deliver.

Yep, many people are looking at them with eagle eyes after last year's Trifecta of challenges which made it impossible for the organizers. Attendance should be a full house again next year if they execute this one successfully.

From CTCT: All participants who collected their race packs from Expo yesterday can expect to receive an email from us this morning about their number printing.

Did anybody receive this email?  I assume it relates to the sticker issues

If it were me, I'd still ride it

Spoke to the carbon repair people. They say it will hold up. Going in for repairs on Monday Edited by Boerklong

From CTCT: All participants who collected their race packs from Expo yesterday can expect to receive an email from us this morning about their number printing.

Did anybody receive this email?  I assume it relates to the sticker issues

Nope Nothing in my mail box about this

Don't want to be THIS guy, but apparently MORE chat of unrest and protest action in Masi.. A staff member who works for us lives there and that's the word in the township apparently...

agh nee man

Don't want to be THIS guy, but apparently MORE chat of unrest and protest action in Masi.. A staff member who works for us lives there and that's the word in the township apparently...

I will be THIS guy to say its a shame that 35 000 of us cant stop 500 of them

If that does happen I fear that the status of the race will be forever diminished. No longer something to train hard toward and make the season's main goal. Just a once great event that you enter for old time's sake, with the realization that it has become very vulnerable to disruption.

I will be THIS guy to say its a shame that 35 000 of us cant stop 500 of them

I've got a sneaky suspicion the Public Order Policing okes are already on standby from Saturday Night to sort out this opportunistic lot. Rather leave the job to them to sort it out than asking skinny cyclists to contend with flying bricks.

I agree!!! And that our police force can't actually put their foot down And stop allowing the criminals to walk over them!!

Exactly