[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

I know it's argus time when I'm looking for my timing chip.

Couldn't find it, so just thought i'd take the hit in getting a 2nd one (again). I'm happy for my tardiness to be punished a bit.

R150 later.

DAILY ROBBERY, they go for about $0.2 

so that's a really awesome markup. monopolies are so much fun if you can get into them.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's argus time when I'm looking for my timing chip.

Couldn't find it, so just thought i'd take the hit in getting a 2nd one (again). I'm happy for my tardiness to be punished a bit.

R150 later.

DAILY ROBBERY, they go for about $0.2 

so that's a really awesome markup. monopolies are so much fun if you can get into them.

Don't think they pricing it for profit, but more to try and make people a bit more aware of not losing their chips (the same idea behind the plastic bag tariffs)

But understand it was probably more tongue in cheek

Am I the only one who finds the expo experience very unpleasant? - noisy, dark, like a minotaur's maze and a vaguely threatening "You can't go out here sir. You have to walk past every single stall to escape" if you try to leave via any route other than the prescribed one.

Didn't spend a cent and then whipped out my wallet at my LBS.

Hay another one for Cape Town guys. What route should I take from Melkbos and where should I park ? Dont mind a cycle in..

Am I the only one who finds the expo experience very unpleasant? - noisy, dark, like a minotaur's maze and a vaguely threatening "You can't go out here sir. You have to walk past every single stall to escape" if you try to leave via any route other than the prescribed one.

Yes

The Feng Shui was a lot better at the old dame called the Good Hope Centre.

Hay another one for Cape Town guys. What route should I take from Melkbos and where should I park ? Dont mind a cycle in..

Straightforward, Marine Drive -> N1. Park at CTICC if you don't mind paying, easy access off the N1, safe and hassle free.

Depending when (time) you intend to get to town you just follow the R27 straight into town, join the N1 and then get off anywhere from Nelson Mandela Boulevard (closer to start) or carry on closer to finish (stadium) to park there. Depending on where you prefer your car to be or if you wan to have a nice cold one after the ride at the festival venue.

You could also park area flea market (Paarden Eiland) and cycle through from there for a  small warm up. Flea market will be on so car should be safe. You only need to cycle back to it.

Perfect, shot sounds ideal.

Straightforward, Marine Drive -> N1. Park at CTICC if you don't mind paying, easy access off the N1, safe and hassle free.

Spent 25 hours on the road yesterday trying to get to Cape Town. Had mechanical issues just outside kroonstad and got towed into bloem.

Saw lots of cars with bikes passing us. Anyone on the hub see a white X3 with bikes on the back on top of rollback?

That was us.

Had a good time today at the expo, got number pretty quick wandered around the expo, got what we are after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather outlook is getting better and better. Seems to be the most perfect weather, well the best we had in years. I trust YR the most of all the sites.

Edited by Moridin

Totally agree and why charge entry for a none rider or want to visit a second time?  The Two Oceans Expo is way better and they don't charge anything! Happened to be in London a couple years back over the Ride London weekend, went to the expo and tell you what an experience! No entry charge, in fact everybody walking through the door got a goody bag filled with quality stuff not toothpaste and 110 flyers... stands was far superior and specials so much better to what is on offer locally.  CTCT really dropping the ball with the expo, come on guys you are so much better than this!!

Edited by Dragu

What a colossal stuff up at Lanseria this morning, systems down so they are manually writing boarding cards for everyone... Surely an airport should have a backup system you would think.... Lol