[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

What size you? Can borrow you one if you midget size

Thanks a lot, but Im a large. Will figure something out. Maybe just ride it as is and sort it out on Monday.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went yesterday afternoon about 4ish to pick up number pack... (won't comment on goodie bag, was what I expected..) took less than a Min.. expo was very quiet.

Don't understand why no sms was sent out to say printer issue was resolved, poor expo dudes were trying their best to attract costumers with the little crowd that was there.

Felt a bit sorry for them, I'm sure there will be a bit of a loss this year for them, as yesterday was a big slump in the afternoon, and I'm sure that today and tomorrow they will be so busy, that some customers will also pass on stopping and buying/browsing as it will be to full...?

I was intrigued with the bottle top, used a bit of my 50 litres to see how it worked... weird. 

Have a good race on Sunday everyone, may the wind be in our favour!

Went yesterday afternoon about 4ish to pick up number pack... (won't comment on goodie bag, was what I expected..) took less than a Min.. expo was very quiet.

Don't understand why no sms was sent out to say printer issue was resolved, poor expo dudes were trying their best to attract costumers with the little crowd that was there.

Felt a bit sorry for them, I'm sure there will be a bit of a loss this year for them, as yesterday was a big slump in the afternoon, and I'm sure that today and tomorrow they will be so busy, that some customers will also pass on stopping and buying/browsing as it will be to full...?

I was intrigued with the bottle top, used a bit of my 50 litres to see how it worked... weird. 

Have a good race on Sunday everyone, may the wind be in our favour!

The top is awesome - we got a similar one many moons ago (probably 15 years?) on an Energade bottle, but nothing since then.

Just a pity the cap itself leaks though - will have to throw it away...

Just a tip when you pick up your race pack - check that the stickers are printed correctly.  I noticed last night they had put the paper into the printer the wrong way round so my stickers don't line up for pulling off, I will have to cut them out and fix them with staples  :thumbdown:

Just a tip when you pick up your race pack - check that the stickers are printed correctly.  I noticed last night they had put the paper into the printer the wrong way round so my stickers don't line up for pulling off, I will have to cut them out and fix them with staples  :thumbdown:

aa and the effort to carry the extra weight! 

Ok, but how many people about?? If it was just you there....then obviously the time spent is neglible #just saying

I went back and got my wife and my numbers after 6PM yesterday. Printing took less time than it took them to fetch the goody bag from behind the counter. Printing problems sorted.

The Expo was smaller than I expected but I did not have much time to look before closing anyway.

I just checked, our stickers are properly aligned on the sticky paper.

I can accept that stuff happens. But the lack of communication yesterday morning was the biggest issue. If someone had explained "the stickers are supposed to print within seconds, we have a problem, the system is broken. We suggest you go and have a look around the Expo then come check back at the counters before you leave to see if we have got the problem fixed" - that could have turned a bad situation into a much better one.

I went back and got my wife and my numbers after 6PM yesterday. Printing took less time than it took them to fetch the goody bag from behind the counter. Printing problems sorted.

The Expo was smaller than I expected but I did not have much time to look before closing anyway.

I can accept that stuff happens. But the lack of communication yesterday morning was the biggest issue. If someone had explained "the stickers are supposed to print within seconds, we have a problem, the system is broken. We suggest you go and have a look around the Expo then come check back at the counters before you leave to see if we have got the problem fixed" - that could have turned a bad situation into a much better one.

There old saying 

@%#1 Happens, but its they way you deal with it that matters

Excellent time to discover a crack on my bike

Duct tape it and ride?  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

It would have also taken the pressure off of the technicians who were trying to resolve the issue, and maybe that would have helped them find and solve the issue sooner. Imagine trying to troubleshoot a technical issue with 100's of people breathing down your neck...

Big mistake

I arrived at the stadium at 8h59 and the queue was about 200m long as they only were going to open the gates at 9.

It is now 09h16 and I have gotten inside, had myself reseeded, collected my racepack and walked out through the expo.

I could have saved myself 90 seconds by arriving two minutes later.

Off to ride my bike now..

Edited by eddy

Thanks a lot, but Im a large. Will figure something out. Maybe just ride it as is and sort it out on Monday.

hi, try superglue with baking soda for carbon repairs! google it, works.

Big mistake

I arrived at the stadium at 8h59 and the queue was about 200m long as they only were going to open the gates at 9.

It is now 09h16 and I have gotten inside, had myself reseeded, collected my racepack and walked out through the expo.

I could have saved myself 90 seconds by arriving two minutes later.

Off to do some billable work ride my bike now..

Fixed :whistling:

If it were me, I'd still ride it

We took the gamble yesterday and it was a swift affair... maybe 5 mins for two riders.

They did however print the stickers on the wrong side of the paper making them slippers rather than stickers... staff are obviously given 5 mins training and let loose on the computers...

Think I'll head through just now, I don't feel like dealing with Friday afternoon traffic.  :ph34r: