[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates/improvements from people currently at the expo?

There are no queues, and printing takes 2min. If only I knew how to upload a picture with my phone I'll prove it lol

Took me about an hour to pick up my number, but IT glitches happen. Now I think I am being stupid as I get home and try to put my sticker on the race board, but the sticky surface is on the backing piece of paper. Am I supposed to sellotape it on? Am I missing something?

What's with the waterbottle cap? A WMD perhaps?

A very weird design that doesn't have a closing top. If you put pressure on the bottle or suck, the liquid comes out, but if you turn it upside down nothing will come out. Boggles the mind... ????

post-13661-0-41528500-1520515082_thumb.jpg

Took me about an hour to pick up my number, but IT glitches happen. Now I think I am being stupid as I get home and try to put my sticker on the race board, but the sticky surface is on the backing piece of paper. Am I supposed to sellotape it on? Am I missing something?

I also don't see a start card, or is it the pink sticker with the "merchandise" part on it? Or am I missing something too?

So, those peeps that will be braving the expo today, let us know what is in the goodie bag and how bad the number printing is so that we have something to do to pass the time today!!!

You should see a pic in this tread - what I am quite supersized about is they have done away with their own Cycle tour mag (I did not get 1 in the post) and not in goodie bay.

I also bumped into a recent Ex Chairman of PPA and thing are not as hopeful as he would have liked for a 109km event.

You should see a pic in this tread - what I am quite supersized about is they have done away with their own Cycle tour mag (I did not get 1 in the post) and not in goodie bay.

I also bumped into a recent Ex Chairman of PPA and thing are not as hopeful as he would have liked for a 109km event.

Yeah, I saw the pic earlier. Those magazines were cool, but I fear they went the way that a lot of printed media has gone these days

Snip Snip

So what are you saying?

Are they foreseeing some kind of disruption that will prevent the whole 109km route being used?

Or is this just more speculation and fear mongering?

So what are you saying?

Are they foreseeing some kind of disruption that will prevent the whole 109km route being used?

Or is this just more speculation and fear mongering?

It is out of the Cycle tours and  PPA hands - what happens on the day happens and the police make that final call. They do have road permission and insurance for all of the "6" possible routes - which was not the case last year.

If you are a stall hilder at the Expo will there be a refund discount for dissuading people to attend?

xCykBVZ.jpg

guys like CWC and the like at the expo must be having tough times selling, not much people inside or and many most are angry or have run out of lunch time

That's for sure; I was in no mood to shop. The only reason I spoke to anyone at a stand was to ask for the quickest way out of the place.