[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

What a colossal stuff up at Lanseria this morning, systems down so they are manually writing boarding cards for everyone... Surely an airport should have a backup system you would think.... Lol

Erm, the backup system is "pen & paper"? :ph34r:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a colossal stuff up at Lanseria this morning, systems down so they are manually writing boarding cards for everyone... Surely an airport should have a backup system you would think.... Lol

Let them install a patch from Canada. That will sort out the printers.

Whatever they did, the number printing & collection went like a buttered banana this morning. Very busy with lots of people, loud & buzzing, but we never waited even 1 minute. Except DJR senior, he had to wait about 5 minutes to pay for a big bargain purchase at the Cape Union Mart stall. Was altogether pretty painless, despite me expecting the worst.  :thumbup:

My experience was very enjoyable, I am one of those that are sold on the idea of printing there and then. You get confirmation that your chip is correctly linked, no going to the back looking for your packet that, much easier for multiple pickups as you don`t have to go to different counters (picked up 3 and was about the same time as 1 took me last year). But of course as long as the guys and girls are trained and the system works correctly.

Overall realised again a certain store that will not be named really got the prime spot, but that is probably due to number of years having been involved with the tour..

This is what the 4th member of Team DJR brought, all the way from the Garden Route, to ensure that he leaves a water positive footprint while here in Cape Town :thumbup:

Nice

got all the stickers but no board to stick the sticker on or the cable ties -anyone heard of others with the same predicament?

Haven't heard of anybody else. I would contact them, they should be able go arrange for a board for you to collect at the Grand Parade (or just stick it to some cardboard)

got all the stickers but no board to stick the sticker on or the cable ties -

anyone heard of others with the same predicament?

Should be in the envelope inside your bag 

got all the stickers but no board to stick the sticker on or the cable ties -anyone heard of others with the same predicament?

Me

Whatever they did, the number printing & collection went like a buttered banana this morning. Very busy with lots of people, loud & buzzing, but we never waited even 1 minute. Except DJR senior, he had to wait about 5 minutes to pay for a big bargain purchase at the Cape Union Mart stall. Was altogether pretty painless, despite me expecting the worst. :thumbup:

Well here I was expecting everything to be painless and just as I got here the system crashed again....

Just saw that the Garmin file on the Cape Town Cycle Tour website, starts at the "old" spot :(  

Oh well

Well here I was expecting everything to be painless and just as I got here the system crashed again....

damn

Sorry to hear

Does anyone know will we go down the road that runs down the coast in sea point the right hand side looks very dangerous with steel and a lot of deep graded sections? Not sure if we will miss this section??