[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

Watched on YouTube, was a bit frustrating that the camera feeds weren't synced.

Comparing this coverage to the Grand Tour productions you start to appreciate the real quality and effort it takes to pull a viewer right into the sprint Finish.

DDD seemed to have the numbers and a great position to take the win but Nolan was just the better sprinter.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big day for the beleaguered City of Cape Town with its socio-political and environmental challenges.  :w00t:

Some with awesome milestones. 

Some got hurt.

Some still out there soaking up the gorgeous Peninsula.

A man died in a crash incident, according to the radio reports.  :(

post-12015-0-22472000-1520757900_thumb.jpg

Just some updates:

Nolan's time were 2:37:30

Unfortunately the death of the cyclist is confirmed. Below from News24.

"Cape Town - Officials have confirmed that a 40-year old man has died during the Cape Town Cycle Tour after he was involved in an accident. 

His death occurred during a pile up of around 20 other participants in the race on the M3 near the Constantia Road exit."

And well done to group 1C, they caught the front of 1B and 1A. Their expected finish time should be about 2:45?

Just some updates:

Nolan's time were 2:37:30

Unfortunately the death of the cyclist is confirmed. Below from News24.

"Cape Town - Officials have confirmed that a 40-year old man has died during the Cape Town Cycle Tour after he was involved in an accident. 

His death occurred during a pile up of around 20 other participants in the race on the M3 near the Constantia Road exit."

And well done to group 1C, they caught the front of 1B and 1A. Their expected finish time should be about 2:45?

RIP cyclist...damn.....

Very sad news.

The press release from the Cycle Tour:

"It is with deep regret that the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust confirms that an accident involving a group of 20 cyclists occurred this morning on Wynberg Hill. One of the cyclists, a 40-year-old male, received immediate medical attention at the scene but, tragically, his injuries proved fatal.

Our sincere condolences to his family, who have been advised.

No further details will be made available until our medical briefing at 15h00 this afternoon."

****. Literally JUST seen the guy as I was on the way back home from swellendam. Utterly dreadful.

RIP Dude. Sincere condolences.

Thank goodness my lightie was still fast asleep in his road trip coma.

RIP.

Do we know what group this was in?

I think one of the later 1 groups, or the 2 groups. I passed the scene as they were still treating one man. That was on the bottom of the steep descent down Wynberg hill.

Edited by Moridin

On my mind this tragic accident. Had 2 closish shaves with people swerving suddenly and for no apparent reason. Saw one tumble in 2B next ro kirstenbosch, another just after rhe turn onto the main road in lakeside.

Always a risk but you don't expect a fatal accident.