[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

I have entered and paid etc. but its not on racetec. Is this normal or should i take it up with the powers that be?

Mine never seems to reflect until the new year, so no stress there. None of my family's entries show. Hell, not even for the Fast One, and that's only 6 weeks away.

Same for me. Checked someone else’s entry yesterday because I was worried and same there too... I’m sure my entry was reflecting a couple months back though? Curious.

Yeah racetec always used to have your entered races at the top of your page but even before 947 I noticed it had gone. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It means that they are as confused as you.

i guess you are right because i replied for clarity and no reply back 

Is my 2016 time going to determine my seeding as I've not been on a bike since then? But I do have 12 weeks to get ready - and 10 kg's to lose. :clap: :clap:

Yes it will but with a penalty because it was so long ago

• 5 weeks later...

What are the chances they gonna cancel the race due to the water restrictions?

The water demands on this race is probably about 300Kl. This = the monthly allowance of 30 households. In real terms it is negligible.

Edit: thanks for the link Hilton, numbers updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by GLuvsMtb

What are the chances they gonna cancel the race due to the water restrictions?

Zero, even if it turns out to be Day Zero

Does that include changing sections of the waterpoints to watering holes, where you can get beers / wine / etc?

But lets get practical, what would be some of the tips for cyclist

- Don't shower before the race, and "bank" your shower for after the race

- If you HAVE to wash / spray off your bike, share a shower with your bike

- Out of towners to fill their bottles, "BEFORE" they arrive in cape town

Water consumed during the race is next to nothing.

The biggest savings can be made in water used for washing and flushing.

The good guest houses and hotels advise that you do not flush urine. Some provide a slightly oily? scented liquid that you can spray afterwards that will "seal" in the yellow and prevent odours. Alternatively, close the lid.

Don't bath, rather shower. Some provide a large bucket in the shower, you stand in that leave whatever water is caught for staff to remove and recycle. Some have grey water recycling plumbed in already, then there is no need for that. A "bath in a basin" works very well if you are not too dirty. Ask any commuter how to do this. Basically, you can clean up in a half full basin of water, which is less than a shower.

Road bike won't need washing. But if you really must, use that same shower or basin water. 

Road bike won't need washing. But if you really must, use that same shower or basin water. 

I always just wipe my roadbike down with a wet cloth when necessary. Washing not needed.