[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.capetalk.co.za/articles/278027/how-2018-cape-town-cycle-tour-plans-to-use-zero-municipal-potable-water

Not surprising, but I am impressed with this level of detailed planning so far out.

Fake news I tell you, just look at this thread and you will see that the organisers are actually  incompetent imbeciles who don't plan and whose luck finally ran out in 2016

Fake news I tell you, just look at this thread and you will see that the organisers are actually  incompetent imbeciles who don't plan and whose luck finally ran out in 2016

Kudos to them.  :clap:

But But But.... What measures have they put in place to:

1) Prevent a Gale Force strength wind from blowing on race day

2) Prevent fires from consuming half the mountain in the days leading up to race day

3) Prevent social unrest in the multitude of settlements dotted along the race route from impacting on "our" right to ride along the Peninsula, insofar that we paid in excess of R500.00 for it.

Ok, OK, the last one might be pushing the envelope a bit.  :blush:  :ph34r: 

Uh oh, Wait till Mr X comes along and tells them the army is going to take control of that water!

Maybe the organisers should appoint some gangsters to protect the waterpoints from the army!

Just heard on Cape Talk that the new surface on Chappies will end looking like a cheese grater...I can't believe that there is any truth in this...why would they do it...??

Snip

3) Prevent social unrest in the multitude of settlements dotted along the race route from impacting on "our" right to ride along the Peninsula, insofar that we paid in excess of R500.00 for it.

Snip

Don't want to sound like the most horrendous skeptic, but I think there is a near certainty that the protesters will be back to disrupt the race in 2018.  There is nothing the organisers can do about that.

Care to speculate on how (if at all) they intend to handle this?  Plan A can't be to shorten the route to 70km.  Do they have a plan?  Is their a darn thing they could do?

Yes yes only the government could actually prevent protests (by either delivering the housing or deploying riot police.... eeeek), but let's not hold on to our hearts here.

I suppose if they DID have some master plan involving an alternative route that was still 100km+ they should keep it a secret until race day, otherwise the protests will move to disrupt the new route as well.

Just heard on Cape Talk that the new surface on Chappies will end looking like a cheese grater...I can't believe that there is any truth in this...why would they do it...??

A cynic might suggest Entilini doesn't actually want cyclists on Chappies...

Don't want to sound like the most horrendous skeptic, but I think there is a near certainty that the protesters will be back to disrupt the race in 2018.  There is nothing the organisers can do about that.

Care to speculate on how (if at all) they intend to handle this?  Plan A can't be to shorten the route to 70km.  Do they have a plan?  Is their a darn thing they could do?

Yes yes only the government could actually prevent protests (by either delivering the housing or deploying riot police.... eeeek), but let's not hold on to our hearts here.

I suppose if they DID have some master plan involving an alternative route that was still 100km+ they should keep it a secret until race day, otherwise the protests will move to disrupt the new route as well.

I suggest that you perhaps start with page one of this thread and read the whole thing..... :whistling:

HTFU and imagine you are riding a one day classic on cobbles :ph34r:

Joking aside. I see no reason for them to do that. It does not need extra traction, even in the wet, and will only make it very noisy, which is not in keeping with a slow scenic route. I call BS on this one.

Don't want to sound like the most horrendous skeptic,

Unfortunately you failed....

Care to share any inside info you have on this "near certainty"? might just be useful for the organisers.

Unfortunately you failed....

Care to share any inside info you have on this "near certainty"? might just be useful for the organisers.

Near certainty is a strong word. A near certainty is that there will be wind, and moaning about the goodie bag.

Amen to that, we can't have the same conversation over and over till March haha

I make a point of ALWAYS protesting when I get a distinct "Groundhog Day" feeling :D Life is simply too short to drink bad wine, ride bad bikes or live the same day over and over.

Edited by DJR

Don't want to sound like the most horrendous skeptic, but I think there is a near certainty that the protesters will be back to disrupt the race in 2018. There is nothing the organisers can do about that.

Care to speculate on how (if at all) they intend to handle this? Plan A can't be to shorten the route to 70km. Do they have a plan? Is their a darn thing they could do?

Have your other 90 posts also been this good?