[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

Sportiff site:  

This series will count towards your seeding for the Cape Town Cycle Tour.

So who knows

Didn't say which year. That's about the same time as the CTCT seedings will come out, so, maybe.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't say which year. That's about the same time as the CTCT seedings will come out, so, maybe.

I'll ask ctct, don't think they would mind incentivicing more PPA sign ups Edited by rider#35

HTFU and imagine you are riding a one day classic on cobbles :ph34r:

Joking aside. I see no reason for them to do that. It does not need extra traction, even in the wet, and will only make it very noisy, which is not in keeping with a slow scenic route. I call BS on this one.

Good grief if your car skids out at 40km/h even in the wet, then you need to check your tyres! 

I have emailed PPA but i am confused about the reply, maybe you guys can make more sense of it.....

Me:

................This is my first year of cycling and would like to get a good seeding the Cape Town Cycle Tour for 2018. I want to know if there are any more seeding events that are coming up in 2018 in order for me to push up my seeding for the CTCT. If yes, can you let me know which events please.

PPA:

Dear A.....,

Unfortunately all events  taken into consideration for 2018 CTCT has not taken place.
Edited by #Arrie

I have emailed PPA but i am confused about the reply, maybe you guys can make more sense of it.....

Me:

................This is my first year of cycling and would like to get a good seeding the Cape Town Cycle Tour for 2018. I want to know if there are any more seeding events that are coming up in 2018 in order for me to push up my seeding for the CTCT. If yes, can you let me know which events please.

PPA:

Dear A.....,

Unfortunately all events  taken into consideration for 2018 CTCT has not taken place.

It means that they are as confused as you.

Edited by Halfdoesyn

Me:

PPA:

Dear A.....,

Just reply and ask to clarify, sure that "not" is typo

if I recall correctly, someone posted a xls spreadsheet/google_doc with start time vs index(seeding group)  , but cannot find it now.

anyone maybe have link somewhere?

I think we must just accept that all the official seeding races are finish & klaar and unless the seeding is done later this year there are also no PPA races left to improve your seeding. (at least in Cape Town)

Seems from the feedback of the other hubbers if one do well in the 99er or one of the other earlier year races you can ask the organisers nicely to reconsider your seeding, but I guess this will not be official policy.

Just reply and ask to clarify, sure that "not" is typo

replied now....will wait what they say

I think we must just accept that all the official seeding races are finish & klaar and unless the seeding is done later this year there are also no PPA races left to improve your seeding. (at least in Cape Town)

Seems from the feedback of the other hubbers if one do well in the 99er or one of the other earlier year races you can ask the organisers nicely to reconsider your seeding, but I guess this will not be official policy.

True, i wish i started cycling sooner. The only reason i am worried about my seeding is, I am not very strong so if i lose my bunch i can fall behind to another bunch. I only did 4 races, but its okay i am happy where i am also

I have entered and paid etc. but its not on racetec. Is this normal or should i take it up with the powers that be?

I have entered and paid etc. but its not on racetec. Is this normal or should i take it up with the powers that be?

Same for me. Checked someone else’s entry yesterday because I was worried and same there too... I’m sure my entry was reflecting a couple months back though? Curious.

Same for me. Checked someone else’s entry yesterday because I was worried and same there too... I’m sure my entry was reflecting a couple months back though? Curious.

Mine never seems to reflect until the new year, so no stress there. None of my family's entries show. Hell, not even for the Fast One, and that's only 6 weeks away.

Takes a very very special effort to cock this up so badly. #sarcasticclapping #clapclapclap

the job was done according to contractual requirements  :rolleyes: