[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

must be quite a shock coming from Holland to this oven

well he knew exactly what to expect since he is no stranger to South Africa's hot conditions having won 36One twice already & competed in the Cape Pioneer too. But yeah he system must've gotten a huge shock.

Seems like there is a new "Endurance Dawg" in town in Marco Martins won a couple of long distance & 24 hour events & is from Portugal.

have the race leaders got a tail wind? They are flying ! 23km/hr avg..... 240 km in! thats madness!

I see some folk have stopped for power naps at VdK Dam

must be a tailwind as they are flying, would be cool if they couldve added a live weather feature for a specific rider at that point in time where they find themselves.

Go Dion Guy!!!

What a surprise this morning.

Quite a serious Desert Dash rider. Always rode under the name "Buffalo".

I think he won the Dash one year and came second another.

But it's still early in the Munga.

Hope he don't overcook it on the first two days.

I also see that vettie is doing 18km/hr - that a cracking pace!

The leaders are doing 20km/hr.

The old adage 'it's not how you start' comes to mind ... Better to be conservative in the beginning?

Then again I'm no expert at these extreme things, who knows what goes through the riders mind ...

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

I see JD arrived at WP4 just ahead of JS but rested up for about an hour while JS rode on. I see that JS has a 17k gap, this women's race is going to get interesting soon.

If recall from last year's race JD only started featuring in the second half of the race so I'm not discounting her chances in terms of line honours but that mechanical seems to have upset her rhythm a bit.

In the meantime my man Pieter Strobos is going great he had at least 6 hours kip at RV1 and for a father of one year old twins he must be thinking he's on holiday!

Received a msg from DB

he is having some nutritional issues. Had to sleep in the bush under his space blanket to recover some energy. He is eating and heading out again.

Seems like there is a new "Endurance Dawg" in town in Marco Martins won a couple of long distance & 24 hour events & is from Portugal.

Still early days, but he looks dangerous.

Received a msg from DB

he is having some nutritional issues. Had to sleep in the bush under his space blanket to recover some energy. He is eating and heading out again.

I was wondering what happened to him it looks like it's between him and KB in terms of the lanterne rouge. I hope he recovers and uses RV1 to his best advantage.

Most of the participants, including Vettes, made it to Van der Kloof Checkpoint. About 70% of the field decided to spend the night. 

Edited by Wil6

The old adage 'it's not how you start' comes to mind ... Better to be conservative in the beginning?

Then again I'm no expert at these extreme things, who knows what goes through the riders mind ...

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

pull the other Oom, we know you did Tonteldoos....and thats far!