[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

for $%^%$#@'s sake !

seriously bummed I am not riding it this year. Conditions are just about perfect !

Watch next year when I enter (again!) it will be wind, hail and snow! :cursing:

#notfeelingpositive right now!!

But in the plus column:

GO VETTIE !!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very strong group sitting on the front of the race.

Glad Benky is doing well, him and MW are in a pretty good position with previous race knowledge on their side.

Very strong group sitting on the front of the race.

Glad Benky is doing well, him and MW are in a pretty good position with previous race knowledge on their side.

Is drafting allowed?

Not saying they are drafting, but was just wondering if drafting is allowed..... if not it must be hard to enforce

That’s a lot of telephone poles..... convenient for interval training.....

Great pics

haha, thanks but it's not mine. Stolen of Facebook from The Munga Page

Edited by Wil6

Is drafting allowed?

Not saying they are drafting, but was just wondering if drafting is allowed..... if not it must be hard to enforce

Yes it is. 

1. Drafting of a competitor is only allowed up to the first Race station.
  2. Drafting is defined as a position five meters or closer behind another rider.
  3. A breach of this Rule will constitute a warning.
  4. A rider will be allowed only one drafting warning.
  5. If a rider breaches this rule for a second time, the rider will no longer be eligible for any of the prize money, but may continue the race.
  6. No rider will be allowed to draft behind any vehicle of any sort at any time during the Race.
Edited by Wil6

Is drafting allowed?

ASAIK it is allowed until the first WP/RV. not sure which one. After that if they catch you drafting it is either a penalty or DQ depending on where you are in the field I guess.

Yes it is. 

nope

DRAFTING
  1. Drafting of a competitor is only allowed up to the first Race station.
  2. Drafting is defined as a position five meters or closer behind another rider.
  3. A breach of this Rule will constitute a warning.
  4. A rider will be allowed only one drafting warning.
  5. If a rider breaches this rule for a second time, the rider will no longer be eligible for any of the prize money, but may continue the race.
  6. No rider will be allowed to draft behind any vehicle of any sort at any time during the Race.

for $%^%$#@'s sake !

seriously bummed I am not riding it this year. Conditions are just about perfect !

Watch next year when I enter (again!) it will be wind, hail and snow! :cursing:

#notfeelingpositive right now!!

But in the plus column:

GO VETTIE !!!

I'm also seriously contemplating doing this next year. Imagine the beauty, as well as the pain that goes with it riding in different parts of our beautiful Country. Whats the entry Fee?

Edited by Wil6

update on DB.

he is not doing to great. the nutrition issues is keeping him down,

He is pushing to RV to recover some more and try and eat something decent.

will keep you updated, but don't stress, he is a proper HARDEGAT and won't give up easy.

Leaders did450km in 20hours...no sleep yet :eek:

MW is the master of racing with no sleep.

A few 10-15 minute power naps is all that he will need

I'm also seriously contemplating doing this next year. Imagine the beauty, as well as the pain that goes with it riding in different parts of our beautiful Country. Whats the entry Fee?

I think everyone feels that way, but I think that I have a foolproof way of figuring out if it the race for you.

Whilst sitting lekker in your chair at home, pick a rider - say Benky or Jeannie - and stay awake and only allow yourself to sleep when they sleep. Do that for three days and see how you handle it.

I think that the sleep deprivation must be the killer. Just look at Martin D at the FC this year. Delirious after 9 days without proper sleep, he still would not quit and spent a cold night trying to find the path in the dark when most would have given up and gone to sleep after 30 minutes.

I know that I am not wired like those that can do this.

Leaders did450km in 20hours...no sleep yet :eek:

A LOT of records going to be broken this year.

Very few people have pulled out. The avg speeds are just incredible. Based on this alot of people will think this is an easy 5 day ride. As eddy says it will appear as though sleep deprivation is the only problem, but if the weather starts to act up, then its balls to the wall.

Next year this race is going to be full !

I think everyone feels that way, but I think that I have a foolproof way of figuring out if it the race for you.

Whilst sitting lekker in your chair at home, pick a rider - say Benky or Jeannie - and stay awake and only allow yourself to sleep when they sleep. Do that for three days and see how you handle it.

I think that the sleep deprivation must be the killer. Just look at Martin D at the FC this year. Delirious after 9 days without proper sleep, he still would not quit and spent a cold night trying to find the path in the dark when most would have given up and gone to sleep after 30 minutes.

I know that I am not wired like those that can do this.

You mean like a hectic normal day at the office ? :ph34r: :ph34r: