[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

kannieverstaannie

RV2 is Transkaroo Country Lodge in Britstown

Now i never been there, but this is not a big dorpie. Apart from the legendary NGK lentebal this is the biggest annual event in town. It was 7:30am. it really can't have been that hard to find.

Also why would you even want to you miss an RV...you get food and water there, did he even look for it?

edit - looking at timestamps, he took 5 minutes to get through Britstown - the penalty is his own fault.

Yeah i cant think he would've deliberatly wanted to miss it, but as we mentioned last night already, Sleep Deprivation & Dehydration was probably the main reason. Maybe he was sleep riding for that very 5mins he hit that tiny little town & by the time he woke up from the slumber he was out the other side of the town, looking at the map its literally only a couple of streets long.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has MM been going without rest since yesterday? I have not been able to watch constantly but he doesnt seem to have stopped a lot. 

Wonder if he will be able to hold out or if the sleep monsters will get him.

I am not implying any of such...

Just asking

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Perhaps they stop being development riders once they have a pro contract?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

has MM been going without rest since yesterday? I have not been able to watch constantly but he doesnt seem to have stopped a lot.

Think he has had a few power naps.

I am not implying any of such...

Just asking

Slightly cynical I know.... but maybe has to do with better chance of prize money?

1. Provided that none of the Rules have been contravened, the rider that wins the Race in their respective category i.e. the first male, female or development rider to cross the finish line shall each receive ZAR40,000 (forty thousand South African Rand) in prize money.

Slightly cynical I know.... but maybe has to do with better chance of prize money?

• Provided that none of the Rules have been contravened, the rider that wins the Race in their respective category i.e. the first male, female or development rider to cross the finish line shall each receive ZAR40,000 (forty thousand South African Rand) in prize money.
Yeah. What happened last year? There was some (non)-issue arrou d if the winnet will be getting overall prizemoney and development rider category winnings.

There doesn't seem to be too many riders.. that have ridden off course this year.

He's had a few stops, but not for very long

post-50271-0-14374500-1512115900_thumb.jpg

Not mocking Martin at all, i'm a huge fan of changealife.

Just saying it's odd that no one else has ever entered, and it's not like there aren't any exxaro or Absa diepsloot etc etc guys who could go for it. There isn't an official cat on the leaderboard, but it currently looks like they won't even fill the podium spots in this division.

Laz Mashishi is a development rider and not part of an academy. He's just at about the 500km mark. Top guy and this is his first race of any sort. 

Lets not forget Mad Max Menzies on his single speed still going and on 414km.  :eek:  :clap:  :clap:

David Cubbin also on SS....crazy

kannieverstaannie

RV2 is Transkaroo Country Lodge in Britstown

Now i never been there, but this is not a big dorpie. Apart from the legendary NGK lentebal this is the biggest annual event in town. It was 7:30am. it really can't have been that hard to find.

Also why would you even want to you miss an RV...you get food and water there, did he even look for it?

edit - looking at timestamps, he took 5 minutes to get through Britstown - the penalty is his own fault.

It's almost impossible to miss a RV (check point) or WP. There is not one RV on the route where you need to turn off to get to it, you ride past every single one of them. Only two WP's you need to "get off" the route and back on again. The first and second WP's as you head down into the Tankwa. They are clearly marked with way points on your GPS, and all manner of banners and what not, at the entrance. The same with the RV's.

post-1179-0-02872000-1512116525_thumb.jpg

Dion Guy is breathing down Benkie's neck.... :eek: @10.22am

They're about to pull into the water point together - going to be interesting to see who goes first  

They're about to pull into the water point together - going to be interesting to see who goes first  

Pitstop strategy...